Nothing is working for their yard anymore (Muddy yard)

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
The uncovered section of their yard is constantly mud despite my efforts to do something about it. It's begun to soak into their covered section.
Unfortunately we haven't gotten what we need to finish covering the rest of their yard completely.
I just need something to work until we finish covering it.

I've tried:
-Straw
-Bedding pellets
-Shavings

I can't do sand, they've already tried eating the other stuff when laid down. They're weird and think I'm laying down food for them.

Pictures might help :).
Personally I’d just leave the mud and put up a barrier between that and the covered area (like those landscaping bricks) to prevent the mud from getting over. My ducks love playing in the mud, you see!

Pictures might help :).
Personally I’d just leave the mud and put up a barrier between that and the covered area (like those landscaping bricks) to prevent the mud from getting over. My ducks love playing in the mud, you see!
I'd normally leave it but they're not really using their kiddy pool anymore to clean off despite it being clean water.
They're turning into mud covered ducks

how many ducks and how many square feet of yard space do they have? is it possible to give them additional fenced in areas to switch over to while the muddy part heals? I have 11 ducks in a 3000 square-foot yard space which is fenced into four separate areas. They only use three at a time so the fourth space has a chance to grow some weeds again.

I'd normally leave it but they're not really using their kiddy pool anymore to clean off despite it being clean water.
They're turning into mud covered ducks
I can’t imagine a duck not going into water! Perhaps you could lay down those rubber paving stones from Lowes?

how many ducks and how many square feet of yard space do they have? is it possible to give them additional fenced in areas to switch over to while the muddy part heals? I have 11 ducks in a 3000 square-foot yard space which is fenced into four separate areas. They only use three at a time so the fourth space has a chance to grow some weeds again.
11 ducks and 2 drakes.
I'll get the measurements soon but I do know you can fit 4 hoop coops in the yard side by side.

Back
Top Bottom