NPIP certification in WI

Tvan18

Chirping
Sep 28, 2022
NE Wisconsin
I have read some threads and some other websites in regards to this topic and I’m still uncertain of the actual requirement or if it really is voluntary. I got my first chicks last spring and currently have 11 birds between 5 months and 1 year, and 6 2week old chicks. I have 26 eggs in the incubator set to hatch this weekend as well. My plan from the start has been to build up my flocks/breeds and eventually be able to sell hatching a eggs/chicks/birds. If I keep my selling to just within the state of WI must I be NPIP certified to legally do so? Or is a WI tested flock all I need? Do I even need that (in the legal sense of selling, not in regards to knowing the health of my birds which I obviously will make sure of before breeding them.) My current flock was hatched at an NPIP breeder so up to this point I hadn’t really had health concerns to look into this, but recently have been thinking about the future selling, swapping, of chicks/birds as I come down to my 2nd hatch this weekend.
Thanks in advance for advice, tips, and information!

Back
Top Bottom