Nurture Right 360 Incubator Okay?

Pics
Just keep the extra 4 on your counter. At day 8 when you candle your eggs, you may find some not developing at all. At that time you may decide to replace those with the ones you have in reserve. Yes, you face a staggered hatch, but that is not really a big deal. You just will have some of your chicks a week older than others.

I think if I was to buy another incubator, I would go with one that holds a number of eggs that works for the number that you actually buy. If you buy shipped eggs, they are always 6, 12, 18, or 24...with maybe a few extras thrown in because the seller wants to cover any broken ones. I just bought 20 and the seller gave me an extra 6 and now I don't know what to do with the extra 4!!

Only thing any sane person would do... quickly buy another incubator!!!

Anyone use this bator for larger eggs, like turkey eggs? Wondering if the egg tray thingy will work with larger sized eggs? Thx

Only thing any sane person would do... quickly buy another incubator!!!

Excellent solution!!
That is a great IDEA,,,,, :thumbsup
So lets calculate.... A second incubator at $150. Incubate those 4 eggs,,,,, and :fl that all 4 hatch... that equals to about $37.50 per chick. I think its an EXCELLENT VALUE. :yesss:

I think if I was to buy another incubator, I would go with one that holds a number of eggs that works for the number that you actually buy. If you buy shipped eggs, they are always 6, 12, 18, or 24...with maybe a few extras thrown in because the seller wants to cover any broken ones. I just bought 20 and the seller gave me an extra 6 and now I don't know what to do with the extra 4!!

If you have the ability to hand turn, you could take the turner out and not use it. Many more will fit without it.

Why do you see that as failure fightingbunny??

I'm on day 21. Started the day with one pip, now up to six. It's completely normal for them to start pipping on day 21.

I don't understand why you're anticipating throwing them out at all???

Did you candle before lockdown and did you keep temperature and humidity consistent throughout? If so and they looked good I'm sure they'll be just fine and will hatch right on schedule (later than 21 days can still be normal too)

Back
Top Bottom