NY chicken lover!!!!

I can't find the listing on CL anymore, so guessing the Iowa Blues are gone. I did read they were good foragers (which I want), so maybe I can pick up a pair Cydney? I do have another lead on some EE and GLW in Morrisville. I believe Sarah Nourse is her name. She has 4 EE (4 week old) that go together as a package and 3 GLW (6 week old). My brother has class on Wednesday in Morrisville and he agreed to chick transport, so hoping can pull this one off!
fl.gif

Tab, let me know what you have available when coming down and I might grab some. Hubby wants to fill the coop (still awaiting remodel) "we got the space, might as well fill it" - he's got chicken math!

It sounds like a case of morehens disease has set in!
lol.png
I'll talk to Trav and see when he wants to head down that way.

does anyone here or know who does, have gold duckwing Aracaunas? I think that's the name of the breed?? it has a tail on it but not sure of the name.

Last edited:
So, after such a mild winter, who ordered this cold weather? Rain was good but now it can warm up. You guys west of me(almost everybody is!) has all the snow gone from the recent snowfall?
Sorry to pick such a mundane topic but,it has been quiet here for the past few days. Just trying to create some chatter!!
Ginny

in good news (ppppppphhhhhttttttt on the weather) my runner Penelope is showing signs of going broody. are these going to be cute babies or what?

So, after such a mild winter, who ordered this cold weather? Rain was good but now it can warm up. You guys west of me(almost everybody is!) has all the snow gone from the recent snowfall?
My husband is 20 minutes south of Syracuse and said the snow from this past weekend is pretty much gone. But like you said it's still cold. I dont see the temp rising above 45 from now thru the weekend.
sad.png
I'm so upset. With all the warm weather we were getting I thought for sure (especially being so close to May) by this weekend I would have been able to get my coop up and get the chicks started outside seeing as how they're pretty fully feathered. They haven't been under a heat lamp for over a week now because the house has been so warm and they were trying to get away from it every time I turned it on. They're getting bigger, running out of room in they're brooder, I need to get them outside!
sad.png

in good news (ppppppphhhhhttttttt on the weather) my runner Penelope is showing signs of going broody. are these going to be cute babies or what?

I have to say ever since I saw someone post ducks on another thread, I've been wanting them. These two are so cute!! I don't think I could ever have them though. Wouldn't I need a pond or something in my yard? That may sound stupid but I know nothing about ducks, I would assume I would need something for them to swim in once in awhile, no?

Back
Top Bottom