NY chicken lover!!!!

Thanks Gramma - it's reassuring to hear from many that we did the right thing. Still trying to come to grips with it this morning. Even though we only had them a couple days I was attached. They were our first culls. I'm afraid if something happens with one of our other girls I will be inconsolable. We've had some for 2 years and some for 1 year. They all have names and they are all picked up, pet and spoiled. Ugh.

Piper Jane, wish I could help, I have baby chicks but I am probably not near you...
It's totally ok, and thanks. If you want, send me a pm and tell me what you have and where you are. I'm pretty sure the hubs wants to wait til next spring now but you never know.

Thanks Gramma - it's reassuring to hear from many that we did the right thing. Still trying to come to grips with it this morning. Even though we only had them a couple days I was attached. They were our first culls. I'm afraid if something happens with one of our other girls I will be inconsolable. We've had some for 2 years and some for 1 year. They all have names and they are all picked up, pet and spoiled. Ugh.
You did what was best. We all have done it at one time or another - it's never easy and nor should it be. When you can cull birds/animals and feel nothing....then give up.

If you dont already ..do this ...put some Apple cider vinegar with mother in their water to pump up their immune system if you cant find it with mother you can use regular ACV..

If you dont already ..do this ...put some Apple cider vinegar with mother in their water to pump up their immune system if you cant find it with mother you can use regular ACV..
We already do that - and will always continue to do so. I believe it really does help! We've had no health problems so far, knock on wood!

Hope everyone is doing fine with this virus thing. Took myself out of work for a couple of weeks. I'm high risk so I want to be safe. Please unless you absolutely NEED something stay away from the grocers or use Instacart if you can. You can also use a pick up service. Do not be afraid to ask for help. :hugs

Another thought. Working and dealing with wife's death I didn't garden thinking it's just me what do I need to can for? Now I'm sorry I didn't since I could use some of those jars of tomatoes I used to put up. Bet all you canner's are glad you did. We're at a time some of use never thought we'd be in. Bet the Survivalists are laughing.

Back
Top Bottom