NY chicken lover!!!!

Pics
Quote:
How funny, I have all of those I got from a breeder in Wurtsboro, he'll have more in February
If you're interested in the leghorns, I have two who are laying right now, they were born in June. Faithful layers, every day an egg, but just so flighty they broke two windows in the coop.I can let those go if you're interested. The others are going in the spring.

Thanks Joanne
smile.png
Mine were laying like crazy till yesterday, only 2 eggs, and only 3 today. Id love to get some eggs from you soon or don't know if you will have any chicks. I wont have room in my incubator till later. Or if my broody hen stays broody maybe I could slip a couple under her.
big_smile.png

They can also be used for eating. Just in case yours slow down too much or take a break. I don't think I could go back to store bought eggs.
Joanne

Is there anyone with quail nearby?? I lost one, had two males, now I need a female. The closest was about an hour and a half away, thought they may be someone closer...

Looking at everybody's signatures, I feel so insignifficant. We only have six chickens; five pullets and a rooster. We started with 12 chicks. Two died and the other four were roosters, so had to get rid of them. I wish we lived a little closer to you guys. I'ld be more than happy to take some of those birds off your hands.
wink.png

That's OK, I started with 9 in July, and had 20 at onepoint, but there were 4 production reds that were beating everyone up and they had to go. Where is Mathias, NY?

Machias is an hour south of Buffalo. We're between Springville and Ellicotville. Actually, my mailing address is West Valley(you know,the nuclear site). It's about 15 minutes to Springville,15 minutes to Arcade, and 45 minutes to the Pen border.

my goodness!!! I leave for an innocent 14 hour shift at the hospital and this is what happens? I missed all the FUN!!!! LOL---I'm an hour south of Rochester so can't partake in any of this fun with you guys!!! I just got my murray mcmurray catalogue in the mail today (I got about 25 from them last feb and was very happy with all!) and am trying to restrain myself from ordering.....this is gonna be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard!!!!!! We have about 30 layers and reallly realllyy don't need anymore.....but WANT is a different story!

Don't worry "Machias"--I haven't forgotten about you! We have to go down that way this sat. for feed, then again in another month (we try to go once a month) and I'm still planing on bringing you some fertile Silver Laced Wyandotte Eggs then (you should take some of my cuckoo maran eggs too!) when your incubator gets cooking we'll meet you at the feed store in a few months!

good night all....I'm off to sneak under the covers with my M/MC catalogue and a flashlight and try to hide it from DH.....wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom