NY chicken lover!!!!

This spring - I ordered some speckled sussex pullets with Baking in the Rain and Pyxis ... then I got on a blue egg kick and sold then to a local family who already had chickens ... told them I would take any back that had roosters .... but said I paid for pullets, but hatcherys often mix in roos ....

Last night I have two full grown roos - confused and fighting in my Full Flock - and bedding down on my truck and roof !!! I spent an hour getting them and then getting them in with my bachelor pen this morning ....

What are the chances this guy just dropped them off before sunset and ran ? And WTH !???? WHY ??? I said I'd take them back. Is he ticked he got 2 roos out of 7 "pullets" ? So aren't we all.

I HATE PEOPLE

Just a thought.
( I had to go back a few posts since I'm not getting any udates)

Are you sure these are from them and not some fool just dumping chickens on your doorstep?

We used to foster kittens and I caught someone dumping a cat on our enclosed front porch! Neighbors knew we were fostering and cat people. Kittens showed up a few times.

You should not be afraid to approach them and ask them outright. Or stop for a chat and mention finding the roos on your truck. Take a friend if you must, but I see nothing wrong with having a look.

Just say, "I've never ordered from this hatchery before and wondered how the chicks turnout?"

My older brother once dropped off a hen in box that his Pigeon friend found in his yard. His friend lived not a mile from the inner city of Syracuse. I promptly listed it on CL and gave her away.

Sorry to those whose posts I might seem to ignore but things here are getting me down. DW is set back 8 weeks for Radiation and quite frankly money is tight.

The car just went in and it's a $1,000 fix we don't have.

SIL has been giving us money but he needs more work and a better partner. He's a good worker and and does a nice job. Trouble is his partner is not so driven to get jobs done. My SIL knows that the sooner he gets a job done the sooner he can move on to the next. I've hired him myself when things were good so I've seen him work.

Lynzii glad to see things are working out.

I just check in from time to time to keep up.

Love ya,

rancher

Sorry to those whose posts I might seem to ignore but things here are getting me down. DW is set back 8 weeks for Radiation and quite frankly money is tight.

The car just went in and it's a $1,000 fix we don't have.

SIL has been giving us money but he needs more work and a better partner. He's a good worker and and does a nice job. Trouble is his partner is not so driven to get jobs done. My SIL knows that the sooner he gets a job done the sooner he can move on to the next. I've hired him myself when things were good so I've seen him work.

Lynzii glad to see things are working out.

I just check in from time to time to keep up.

Love ya,

rancher

Hope things look up soon!

0.jpg
thought I would share this sooo funny...it happens at our house all the time ..LOL

0.jpg
thought I would share this sooo funny...it happens at our house all the time ..LOL
Well that's very sexist.

Here it's "What wrong with this computer?" "Why can't I get Skype to work?" (she's the one who set it up) "What's wrong with this stupid tv?" "Why won't cable work?".
barnie.gif
her not me.

My favorite is the grocery list she writes. 1 can of tomatoes. Really? Is that stewed, crushed, pureed or whole? Is that with basil, garlic or sodium free? Is that a small can or large?

She sent me to the store for Vegetable beef soup. With beef, barley or beef broth? I got a can of every brand and kind there was. I figured one of them had to be right.
lol.png

Don't even get me started on Macaroni.

Fact is it works both way and that's why I don't point out unimportant things like this. I love her, what can I say?

Yes it does ...work both ways ....BUT that is the way it is at our house ...anyways ..it was worth a chuckle
I've think we've all done it at some time.

I'll confess to trying to put on glasses when there is already a pair on my face.
idunno.gif

I keep glasses near the bed so I can read before sleep. I pick up the pair that is there and try to put them one. BAM! I'm already wearing a pair. I have a bunch of dollar store glasses around in case I need a pair.

I also once went to church with two different colored shoes on. Both the same style just one black and one brown.
lol.png
Not even dark brown at that!

We also have a friend who came to a birthday party with a shoe and a boot on. She has six kids so we all understood.
lau.gif
Probably in a hurry to get out of the house.
lau.gif

Such is life.

quiet tonight ...Got more leaves bagged for bedding around 10 bags ..got more to bag tomorrow 5- 10 if the weather holds .
I dont like leaves as much.... I love the smell of grass in the coop in the middle of winter ...
Hre is Marker he is 1/2 Aussie ..He is getting a beautiful feather pattern on his back ...
single Black Feathers
I love the little bugger ..I hope he is a she ...but I dont think so ..

Morning all. Double today at work so I thought I would drop in this morning. Cooked a turkey yesterday morning and dh gave the terrorists the innards last night. Barely retained his digits. I am mixing the drippings with layer feed this morning and dividing it up between the silkies and the terrorists/raptors. Raining out this morning and while we need the rain, I was hoping to bag some more needles/leaves for winter. Have to wait for it to dry out again. My tomatoes are turning so I will have one tonight at work with my turkey for dinner. Nothing tastes better than a nice fresh homegrown tomato. I got my new muckboots in the mail yesterday! I ordered a pair of low ones since the rubber boots I have now have sprung a leak. Going to try them out this morning. Now I have a pair of high ones for winter and low ones for the rest of the year. I love these things. Best investment ever.

Rancher--sorry to hear of your troubles and dw setback. I will say a prayer for both of you. I know the feeling of finally getting to an even keel then something happens to set you back again.

Gramma--funny video. Works both ways in this house.

Time to get ready for work. Have a good day all.

Back
Top Bottom