NY chicken lover!!!!

What are everyone's bird plans for the spring? I actually cut down on the number of breeds I have. So this year I'll be working on my brahma projects, and of course my ko shamos. I'll be hatching geese, of course, and hopefully my pigeons will be hatching some babies for me.

Well, now that my back is put together again, I hope to get on with my Breda project. Still on the fence about the Barbu D'Uccles. If I start breeding them I need new pens and I'm not into that yet....
Other than that, it will be good to have a garden again this year, really missed our fresh veggies last year :(

Well, now that my back is put together again, I hope to get on with my Breda project. Still on the fence about the Barbu D'Uccles. If I start breeding them I need new pens and I'm not into that yet....
Other than that, it will be good to have a garden again this year, really missed our fresh veggies last year :(
gLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER..
sORRY YOU DDINT HAVE FRESH VEGGIES ..i WOULD MISS THAT ..
you were at least enriching the garden with chicken poo ? LOL..

It has been very quiet for a long time, hasn't it? I wonder where everyone went.
I think their lives just got busy ..A lot had kids too ..which takes you in different directions..I am always trying to balance many things .
Selling on Ebay . Working out of the house , taking care of chickens , Taking care of our grounds , Taking care of my garden , Taking care of our house , .etc ..
.I still am in contact with luvs and myfivegirls thru facebook ..which has a chicken group also ..Rancher moved to Texas
Maybe the lack of picnic last year ..separated people more ..
Anyone interested in a Picnic this year ?

I'm still here. Haven't checked in in a while. I have been down sizing just due to lack of time. I went back to work in October and I actually got 2 jobs so I'm working 7 days a week.

I still have about 30-40 chickens. I got some Jersey Giants from TSC this spring. There were supposed to be all pullets, but I ended up with 1 rooster which ended up in the freezer this fall. I'm really disappointed in them. They are the same size as the rest of my girls.

Still have my Magpie ducks. They are still a work in progress. I have a mix breed somewhere. I thought that I figured out who it was and culled him out of my flock, but I hatched out an odd ball this year and now I'm back to trying to figure out who it is. I'm planning on a major cull sometime but haven't seemed to fine the time to do it.

Is a for the picnic, I had offered last year to host it and there just wasn't that much interest. If we want to do it this year I would be more then happy to try again this spring. Maybe early May?

Oh and I still have Lucy and Ricky. I thought I found them a new home, but it fell through. So much to my Hubbys dismay they are still here
20190923_141725.jpg

Back
Top Bottom