NY chicken lover!!!!

Still have my Magpie ducks. They are still a work in progress. I have a mix breed somewhere. I thought that I figured out who it was and culled him out of my flock, but I hatched out an odd ball this year and now I'm back to trying to figure out who it is. I'm planning on a major cull sometime but haven't seemed to fine the time to do it.

What kind of oddballs are you hatching? Based on the genetics of how it would happen, I might be able to help you narrow down who your culprit is.

What kind of oddballs are you hatching? Based on the genetics of how it would happen, I might be able to help you narrow down who your culprit is.
The few that I have hatched are coming out looking nothing like Magpies. I'll have to take a pic in the am. The last one I still have. He is gray with a white ring around his neck. I bought some a few years ago and I'm pretty sure they weren't pure magpies. They looked good but I didn't have issues till I got them. I thought I had gotten rid of them all but maybe I missed one. I have been looking for more but they are few and far between. I may have to break down and see what i get if I order some from A hatchery.

The few that I have hatched are coming out looking nothing like Magpies. I'll have to take a pic in the am. The last one I still have. He is gray with a white ring around his neck. I bought some a few years ago and I'm pretty sure they weren't pure magpies. They looked good but I didn't have issues till I got them. I thought I had gotten rid of them all but maybe I missed one. I have been looking for more but they are few and far between. I may have to break down and see what i get if I order some from A hatchery.

Do you all your magpies have good magpie patterning, or are there some that look ancona in pattern?

I'm still here. Haven't checked in in a while. I have been down sizing just due to lack of time. I went back to work in October and I actually got 2 jobs so I'm working 7 days a week.

I still have about 30-40 chickens. I got some Jersey Giants from TSC this spring. There were supposed to be all pullets, but I ended up with 1 rooster which ended up in the freezer this fall. I'm really disappointed in them. They are the same size as the rest of my girls.

Still have my Magpie ducks. They are still a work in progress. I have a mix breed somewhere. I thought that I figured out who it was and culled him out of my flock, but I hatched out an odd ball this year and now I'm back to trying to figure out who it is. I'm planning on a major cull sometime but haven't seemed to fine the time to do it.

Is a for the picnic, I had offered last year to host it and there just wasn't that much interest. If we want to do it this year I would be more then happy to try again this spring. Maybe early May?
thanks for peeping up

I'm still here. Haven't checked in in a while. I have been down sizing just due to lack of time. I went back to work in October and I actually got 2 jobs so I'm working 7 days a week.

I still have about 30-40 chickens. I got some Jersey Giants from TSC this spring. There were supposed to be all pullets, but I ended up with 1 rooster which ended up in the freezer this fall. I'm really disappointed in them. They are the same size as the rest of my girls.

Is a for the picnic, I had offered last year to host it and there just wasn't that much interest. If we want to do it this year I would be more then happy to try again this spring. Maybe early May?
I would be up for it! I really missed you all last year. It will be good to catch up with everyone again :)

Back
Top Bottom