October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!!

Just out moments ago! These little ones where laid just after Hurricane Hermine ripped through my coop!
Awww! Yay - hatching is so happy.
love.gif

That sounds fun! I love it that kids get to see chickens hatching... I think they remember it forever!
My only advice is to make sure kids can't mess with the controls... Knobs and such are pretty irresistible : ). I can't wait to hear how it goes!
@darkbluespace

Thanks! I hope it will be! I think we will be okay as far as the buttons on the incubator go. It is at our high school so all of the kids are older (7th grade and above) so I am not crazy worried about it, but I will definatly keep an eye on it!

Cool! How far along are the first group again?

Group #1= Are 12 days in the incubator now.
Group #2= Are 5 days in the incubator.

Glad I re-checked my calendar to double verify dates they went in. These are all going to be the Blue Australorp chicks, by a Splash Australorp dad and 5 Black Australorp mom's.

I don't think that my splash pullet or the blue pullets had started laying yet when I put them in, as I did not find any of those first pullet eggs out there. When I first start getting any splash chicks, I will have to keep some of those for myself, because that is the rarest color in this breed. I also have another woman who wants some of my splash chicks really bad so that she can breed them into her stock.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom