October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!!

Total of six ducklings hatched under or duck so happy and it also made me decide what we going to do with our extra Drake who been being a jerk he going to the freezer she tried to bring her babies over to the water to play and he trys mating her while my other drake is happy to let her be.

Total of six ducklings hatched under or duck so happy and it also made me decide what we going to do with our extra Drake who been being a jerk he going to the freezer she tried to bring her babies over to the water to play and he trys mating her while my other drake is happy to let her be.
So cute!

I upped my temp by a degree. They seem to be growing well and on schedule, but I figured it didn't hurt to raise it a little. 3 more days until lockdown.

I had a group of 20 to start with for my first time. Unfortunately a relative accidentally killed all but 3, and I was quite happy that they hatched.I wasn't sure about one but I left it alone and sure enough, it hatched. They are my pride and joy and I can definitely see why its an addiction! They are Easter Egger/Sussex. :)

I'm still very new to this. Its fun but definitely challenging sometimes.

I did a dry hatch, misting them daily and keeping them under a heat lamp at appropriate temps. Its an awesome feeling to watch them pip and hatch! Here's two of the three, I have 12 total but the hatchlings live in the house until our new coop is complete.

I had a group of 20 to start with for my first time. Unfortunately a relative accidentally killed all but 3, and I was quite happy that they hatched.I wasn't sure about one but I left it alone and sure enough, it hatched. They are my pride and joy and I can definitely see why its an addiction! They are Easter Egger/Sussex. :)

I'm still very new to this. Its fun but definitely challenging sometimes.

I did a dry hatch, misting them daily and keeping them under a heat lamp at appropriate temps. Its an awesome feeling to watch them pip and hatch! Here's two of the three, I have 12 total but the hatchlings live in the house until our new coop is complete.

If they incubated under a heat lamp, that is pretty impressive! I am glad you got a few babies!!

Yaaaaaaaaay. Past the half way point. Day 11 now. On day 17/18 I'm going to have to move the incubator 10 mins down the road to dads house then go into lockdown..... hope they will still live! On day 2 i moved it too mums house and they all survived so i think they should be alright

Time is flying by!!.....

Ok, I candled my Group #2 again last night. Of those 10 eggs, 9 of them showed beginning life in them. I tossed out the 10th egg, as it still looked like only a yolk in it. Group #2 is due to hatch on October 17th.

I left the 4 alone from Group #1, because they are now filling up most of the egg and it's getting hard to see though. Group #1 is due for hatching on October 10th, so the lock-down will come the end of this week.

Ok, I candled my Group #2 again last night. Of those 10 eggs, 9 of them showed beginning life in them. I tossed out the 10th egg, as it still looked like only a yolk in it. Group #2 is due to hatch on October 17th.

I left the 4 alone from Group #1, because they are now filling up most of the egg and it's getting hard to see though. Group #1 is due for hatching on October 10th, so the lock-down will come the end of this week.

Wow, young roo is getting things figured out!! How exciting!

Back
Top Bottom