October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!!

Any little Blue Australorps pipping yet? @BlueBaby

I seen that you had asked me, so I had to go check them in the other room again. I still don't see any "jail breaking" going on in them yet. I am trying not to disturb them too much until I see some action going on. I do have 17 more hatching eggs put aside, but I probably won't be hatching those out myself, and will maybe sell them. I want to do a whole incubator full in maybe the February hatch-a-long here. I will have all of the colors going then, and not just the blue ones.

10 EGGS OUT TO THE HATCHER DUE 10/13
9 11 EGGS INTO THE INCUBATOR DUE HALLOWEEN - anything they lay today will go in this evening.

Last edited:
The chick is still working its way out. It's beak is out and there's a half inch long crack. It's peeping up a storm when it's not resting. I'm hoping it'll be out when I get back from classes in a few hours. None of the other three are doing anything that I can see. I hope one of them shows some signs of hatching soon.

The chick is still working its way out. It's beak is out and there's a half inch long crack. It's peeping up a storm when it's not resting. I'm hoping it'll be out when I get back from classes in a few hours. None of the other three are doing anything that I can see. I hope one of them shows some signs of hatching soon.
fl.gif
Sending good thoughs for vigorous chicks hatching out!

The original pipped chick passed away. I think it got it's head turned around in the shell and couldn't breath. The egg was pretty small. The other three have pipped and are doing ok so far.

I am getting the itch to dust off the incubators and buy some hatching eggs. Living in Maine though hatching now with a long cold winter coming on is probably not the wisest move for me to make...

Hello :) it's so nice to see all the pictures of how well everyone's hatches are going so far. I've just cleaned out my incubator and will be hatching out some chicks (hopefully) due 10/29. It's been 5 years since I did this last, but it's all coming back to me now. I'm not sure of the breed, they're local eggs that my dh brought me as a surprise. Boy were they, when I saw they were fertile I couldn't resist the urge to break out the bator. So far so good.

Back
Top Bottom