October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!!

Hello :) it's so nice to see all the pictures of how well everyone's hatches are going so far. I've just cleaned out my incubator and will be hatching out some chicks (hopefully) due 10/29. It's been 5 years since I did this last, but it's all coming back to me now. I'm not sure of the breed, they're local eggs that my dh brought me as a surprise. Boy were they, when I saw they were fertile I couldn't resist the urge to break out the bator. So far so good.

Mystery chicks are a fun surprise, to see how they feather out!

I had some Silkie chicks hatch... They were mostly all out yesterday! I have been busy with projects before it starts raining again.

I think I have 9, a few showgirls and a few paint chicks... So cute. I'll try to get a photo.

Our Phoenix hatched out 5 eggs that she hid. The dad was a French black copper marans, who is now in the freezer. All the babies look just like tiny versions of dad.

We also still have 14 cayuga duck eggs in the incubator, due on the 17th. This is my first attempt at duck eggs and I'm so nervous that I screwed it up.
1f630.png

Back
Top Bottom