October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!!

Here are my little Seramas! I just love their spotted beaks!

They are gorgeous! I looked at the big pics to see those cute spotted beaks up close. :love

Thanks! I have seven more eggs from this hen so I am wondering if the rest will look like these and if any of them will have silkied feathers? They are half silkied for sure. I edited my photo so I could see their beaks and all their spots. They look mottled which was surprising to me!

Last edited:
Oh, my goodness!  Everyone is setting more eggs. Now I am tempted to get some Silver Laced Wyandottes in the incubator this weekend.  Hatching is so wonderful, it is hard to stop.

I will admit that I am planning to sell all the silkies I am hatching. They are hard to find around here, so I have been selling out before they even hatch! I am keeping my Seramas, but they are so small, it is pretty easy to keep them inside.

I can't wait to see the AC babies you guys hatch! Good luck everyone too with other hatches, love the ducks and silkies

I'm done hatching my 2 back to back hatches for the fall. I have 15 chicks from the September HAL and 28 from this HAL. The older babies I have off the heat lamp on the bottom floor and the new babies on the top floor with a white light night time only because it's still 96 degrees out. I have wood separating the floors, then in 3 weeks I'll let them go together then in another few weeks all 43 chicks will join the big girls.

Last edited:
I'm done hatching my 2 back to back hatches for the fall. I have 15 chicks from the September HAL and 28 from this HAL. The older babies I have off the heat lamp on the bottom floor and the new babies on the top floor with a white light night time only because it's still 96 degrees out. I have wood separating the floors, then in 3 weeks I'll let them go together then in another few weeks all 43 chicks will join the big girls.

Those are some gorgeous chicks and a wonderful coop!! I can hardly believe how warm it still is there!

Back
Top Bottom