October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!!

Back from work, and my last two Silkies were hatched out and cheeping loudly, one still with a bit of membrane and shell stuck to its back. From seven fertile eggs in lockdown, I have seven cute and healthy chicks. Pics of all coming soon.

They hatched Day 20-21.  The little plastic incubator has been wonderful for me. I've disinfected it, and I am about to put in some eBay eggs for a November hatch.  Anyone else in for November?

That is so awesome! I can hardly wait to see them!!

As for November... https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1138602/november-2016-hatch-a-long

Never buying eggs from Papa's poultry again. Got a 0% hatch rate in the same incubator that gave me 50% on my shipped guinea fowl eggs. Bummed out. I wanted silkies :( oh well. 7 ameraucanas on lockdown and 11 ayam cemanis 3 days behind those. At least I have hope for them.

Never buying eggs from Papa's poultry again. Got a 0% hatch rate in the same incubator that gave me 50% on my shipped guinea fowl eggs. Bummed out. I wanted silkies :( oh well. 7 ameraucanas on lockdown and 11 ayam cemanis 3 days behind those. At least I have hope for them.

That is a lot to be hopeful for! Very exciting!

Sorry about your Silkies!

The Magnificent Seven Silkies! What colors are these? The eggs were labeled, but I'm still not sure what I got.

Photo below: The last to hatch (chick at top of pic) is dry, but not fluffy. The back feathers are kind of glued down. Do I need to sponge down this chick with a warm cloth? Or should I wait? The egg was labeled "Black," but the chick has a light colored chest and highlights. The chick at the bottom of the pic came from an egg labeled "Lav," but it looks coppery and black to me.

Three little cuties: white, black and supposedly paint (looks silvery?)

Thanks for looking! I love these little Silkies.

Back from work, and my last two Silkies were hatched out and cheeping loudly, one still with a bit of membrane and shell stuck to its back. From seven fertile eggs in lockdown, I have seven cute and healthy chicks. Pics of all coming soon.

They hatched Day 20-21.  The little plastic incubator has been wonderful for me. I've disinfected it, and I am about to put in some eBay eggs for a November hatch.  Anyone else in for November?

Yes just set my next batch/ round whatever they will be due starting the first Monday in Nov. if these wonky air cells don't mess everything up...

The Magnificent Seven Silkies! What colors are these? The eggs were labeled, but I'm still not sure what I got. Photo below: The last to hatch (chick at top of pic) is dry, but not fluffy. The back feathers are kind of glued down. Do I need to sponge down this chick with a warm cloth? Or should I wait? The egg was labeled "Black," but the chick has a light colored chest and highlights. The chick at the bottom of the pic came from an egg labeled "Lav," but it looks coppery and black to me. Three little cuties: white, black and supposedly paint (looks silvery?) Thanks for looking! I love these little Silkies.
The chicks will fluff up, just give them time! My frankenchick made it but was/is still looking a little freaky but his fluff will look better soon! Silkie colors can be a little mysterious and will become clearer with time. Even when colors are separated, random genes can pop up! Congrats, you are going to have so much fun with them! I feed mine from my fingers and it makes them super friendly.

I just realized that I have another batch of Silkies on day 17!? i have been aiming to hatch on the weekends, but this last hatch kind of ran into the week so I am startled that it is happening again! It's so fun though. Still hoping for a paint showgirl.. It has got to happen eventually and of course I will have to keep it!

I just realized that I have another batch of Silkies on day 17!? i have been aiming to hatch on the weekends, but this last hatch kind of ran into the week so I am startled that it is happening again! It's so fun though. Still hoping for a paint showgirl.. It has got to happen eventually and of course I will have to keep it!

I hope that you get your wish on the paint showgirl.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom