October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!!

I'm up to 9 chicks. 3 more in the unzipping process. I'm so proud of these little survivors. The are kicking it despite my terrible hatching skills.
1f60a.png
Yay!!! You have chicks that want to come out and play.
love.gif

Question.. Can the eggs become shrink wrapped before they externally pip?? Or only after?
I'm asking because my last three zippers became badly shrink wrapped. I had to soak it off of them and gently get it off without removing fluff. They wouldn't have been able to get out of there. The humidity has been between 70 and 90 with all the wet babies in there.

A couple of my Saffires have hatched chipmunked striped. I contacted the seller.. And she said she must have sent me Brown leghorns by mistake
1f632.png
1f628.png

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.. I'm leaning towards the latter. It's been a whole lot of stress and worry getting these babies here for some to be leghorns. Am I over reacting?

A couple of my Saffires have hatched chipmunked striped. I contacted the seller.. And she said she must have sent me Brown leghorns by mistake
1f632.png
1f628.png

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.. I'm leaning towards the latter. It's been a whole lot of stress and worry getting these babies here for some to be leghorns. Am I over reacting?
I would be annoyed for sure

Last edited:
Another question y'all.. I cant find any info on this.. Is it normal for chicks to poop in their shell before hatching? It seems odd to me for them to do this ..reminds me an overdue baby. Any significance?

I have a question and I cannot find an answer!

I have an incubator with no name....it is a cheapie that I have used a few times with reasonable success, but it does not have a turner. I have found plastic egg tray.....could I put the eggs in this (pointy end down) and put a piece of wood under one side to tip it slightly, and when I want to turn the eggs, put the wood on the other side? I know this is random, but just trying to save myself time! Usually I have to take the lid off the incubator and turn each egg individually and I thought this way I would have the lid off for a shorter time!

It's spring here in NZ and time for some babies!

Thank you for your help :)

[COLOR=333333]I have a question and I cannot find an answer![/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]I have an incubator with no name....it is a cheapie that I have used a few times with reasonable success, but it does not have a turner. I have found plastic egg tray.....could I put the eggs in this (pointy end down) and put a piece of wood under one side to tip it slightly, and when I want to turn the eggs, put the wood on the other side? I know this is random, but just trying to save myself time! Usually I have to take the lid off the incubator and turn each egg individually and I thought this way I would have the lid off for a shorter time![/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]It's spring here in NZ and time for some babies![/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Thank you for your help :)[/COLOR]

yes, you can tilt the entire incubator. If an incubator looses heat rapidly when opening, then that would be a smart way to go. Good luck with your hatch!

Back
Top Bottom