October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!!

I was talking bout cerise1924 commented I had some skills on a pic of my incubator.
I was guessing that you built it, and I was impressed! If you didn't... then you still have some shopping skills.
smile.png

That's what i figured. But no its an gqf mfg cabinet style with auto turner. Now I could a built it no prob at all. Bought it an an auction

Our October hatch. Not sure what they are thinking they're silkies. But the ones that look like chip monks could be anything we have a banty rooster. girls are buff orpingtons, barred rocks, isa reds and rhoad island reds. We also have aracaunas and Brahmas and a leg horn. What I do know were all the eggs were tan. Hoping someone will say that it's not possible for the banty to impregnate the big girls and they're all silkies but.

Cute chicks! Hard to see, but they look like silkies. Silkies can be chipmunk striped!

I have some silkies popping out. I *may* have a paint showgirl hatching. All I can tell is that it is a showgirl and it has a white head fluff... We'll see! I have a bunch out, maybe six or seven.

I think I almost hatched one a couple batches ago but it didn't make it.

Here's a better pic. You can also see the other silkies in the bottom pic. The frizzle "elvis" is one of our roosters we also have a white rooster.

Evening update. This morning was full of excitement with 2 pips, one of which became a record setting speed hatch. Then things slowed to a near stop all day. Around 8 pm things started picking up again and we now have 6 more pips. Things look great as tomorrow is day 21!

I have to share my statistics that I find interesting. I did dry incubation for tge first time this hatch. I weighed all eggs before going into the incubator, and throughout incubation. The last weigh in was day 18. The eggs that lost 12%+ percent of weight hatched first. The ones that have yet to pip are the eggs that lost the least water. 10% or less.

I find this statistic interesting. I hope they hatch.

Back
Top Bottom