October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!!

I am sad to say that this hatch has not been going well at the school. Not sure what went wrong yet but we are on day 23 and only one chick pipped yesterday and after 24 hours I helped it because  it had unziped partially and then stopped moving.... I removed the air cell part of the shell and saw that the inner membrane was very sticky and stuck to the chick and I got the chicks head out and put a damp paper towel on him and put him back in the incubator. Today is Friday so we may take him home to baby him if he is still alive at the end of the day. Any prayer for the little guy is appreciated. 
I candled on day 16 and everything looked great going into lockdown with 12/13 chicks looking far enough along and then when I candled on day 21 after no movement or pips it looked like all but 4 had died. :( Im a senior and there is a young 7th grader who has been so excited for this and he helped me keep track of the humidity and temps and he kept asking me about the chicks hatching and counted down the days to hatch and now I feel like I let the poor kid down :( 

Sometimes hatching just goes like that, so don't beat yourself up. Maybe you can try again sometime. :hugs

I'm in love!!
Aww. They are cute, aren't they?
love.gif

I'm at day 22 with the olive eggers. Only one tried to hatch. Por thing ruptured its yolk and died. It was terrible. I don't think the others are viable.

I think my hatch is done. It was certainly a pleasure hatching with yall. =)

I'm at day 22 with the olive eggers. Only one tried to hatch. Por thing ruptured its yolk and died. It was terrible. I don't think the others are viable.

I think my hatch is done. It was certainly a pleasure hatching with yall. =)
so sorry. Just lost one as well, same thing. Ruptured yolk. better luck will come your way I am sure

Back
Top Bottom