October hatch along?!?!

Y'all... Lemony Snicket's series of unfortunate events has nothing on me!! Sorry it's so long

So... yesterday someone wrecked and took our power out! I had to get the generator up and running, as soon as possible. It's in the building, behind 3 Harleys and it's huge! It's on wheels but still...! I recently had surgery on my arm so I had to be very careful. I called Hubby but he's on a roof over an hour away and with traffic from the accident, I couldn't risk the chicks.

I moved my bike and one of his enough to get the generator outside. I gather up a few heavy duty extension cords, figured out how to crank the generator, plug everything in and Woohoo!! Incubators have power!! Yayyyy!!!

By this time, 30 minutes has passed. Good deal. I just won't weigh tonight and count this as the 30 minute cool-down time. I'm still a little worried about the eggs but that's just the way I roll 🤷‍♀️

This is were it gets fun!

Within minutes of sitting down, (of course) the power comes back on. I have no idea how much gas is in the generator, but I know there's no way I can handle a 5 gallon gas can with my bum arm if it runs out, so I plug the bators back into the wall sockets, go out and cut off the generator. I left everything as it was, just in case!

On my way back in, just walking through the yard that I spend most of my day in, and I roll my ankle. Bad! I manage to crawl inside and grab an ice pack on the way to the couch. My 100lb pitty and 80lb bully think Mom is playing a new game and they want in on it!!

A couple hours later, hubby gets home and just shakes his head lol. Off to the hospital we go! 5 hours and an air-cast later, we finally make it home. With crutches. That I can't use. That walk from the truck to the front door was the longest walk of my life! lol

So here I am, stuck on the couch and tonight at 9:00 will be day 17 for my first set of eggs. 4 tiny silkies. Normally I'd checking the eggs every time I pass (a lot), keeping an eye out for pips but since I can't do that right now I'll put them on lockdown before I go to bed, just in case! lol
I'm using a govee in the incubator so figure if the humidity spikes I need to go watch

Happy Hatching everyone!
Wow. Im very sorry.

Y'all... Lemony Snicket's series of unfortunate events has nothing on me!! Sorry it's so long

So... yesterday someone wrecked and took our power out! I had to get the generator up and running, as soon as possible. It's in the building, behind 3 Harleys and it's huge! It's on wheels but still...! I recently had surgery on my arm so I had to be very careful. I called Hubby but he's on a roof over an hour away and with traffic from the accident, I couldn't risk the chicks.

I moved my bike and one of his enough to get the generator outside. I gather up a few heavy duty extension cords, figured out how to crank the generator, plug everything in and Woohoo!! Incubators have power!! Yayyyy!!!

By this time, 30 minutes has passed. Good deal. I just won't weigh tonight and count this as the 30 minute cool-down time. I'm still a little worried about the eggs but that's just the way I roll 🤷‍♀️

Within minutes of sitting down, (of course) the power comes back on. I have no idea how much gas is in the generator, but I know there's no way I can handle a 5 gallon gas can with my bum arm if it runs out, so I plug the bators back into the wall sockets, go out and cut off the generator. I left everything as it was, just in case!

On my way back in, just walking through the yard that I spend most of my day in, and I roll my ankle. Bad! I manage to crawl inside and grab an ice pack on the way to the couch. My 100lb pitty and 80lb bully think Mom is playing a new game and they want in on it!!

A couple hours later, hubby gets home and just shakes his head lol. Off to the hospital we go! 5 hours and an air-cast later, we finally make it home. With crutches. That I can't use. That walk from the truck to the front door was the longest walk of my life! lol

So here I am, stuck on the couch and tonight at 9:00 will be day 17 for my first set of eggs. 4 tiny silkies. Normally I'd checking the eggs every time I pass (a lot), keeping an eye out for pips but since I can't do that right now I'll put them on lockdown before I go to bed, just in case! lol
I'm using a govee in the incubator so figure if the humidity spikes I need to go watch

Happy Hatching everyone!
Omgosh!!! Get yourself better!!

20231001_174847.jpg

I also have a few eggs on day 19. This is the first to hatch. Below her toes out first.

20231001_172352~2.jpg

Happy Hatching everyone!
Oh my goodness, how are you doing now?

Back
Top Bottom