October hatch along?!?!

Pics
:hit Betsy killed two more chicks. The first one to hatch 2 days ago, looks like it suffocated. The second was an egg hatching last night, this morning squashed and dead. She has one chick left, and two eggs. Still sitting, and every time that lonely chick sticks his head out from her breast, she pecks at him to go back under. This is NOT going well.

:hit Betsy killed two more chicks. The first one to hatch 2 days ago, looks like it suffocated. The second was an egg hatching last night, this morning squashed and dead. She has one chick left, and two eggs. Still sitting, and every time that lonely chick sticks his head out from her breast, she pecks at him to go back under. This is NOT going well.
Oh no! I'm so sorry 😭 Is it her first time? I had a lavender orp. kill a chick. I think it just scares them!

Im very sorry.

I am so sorry! I had a young hen do that to her first hatch. At first I thought she was just squashing the eggs accidently. Then she killed the chicks. Loose dogs killed her before she had the chance mature and try again. Hopefully Betsy will do better next time

silky.PNG

the 3 that hatched plus the big white chick is 2 weeks older from another group. He is caring for the little ones. The 3 small ones are silky mixes, they were surprise which is great, since I didn't have any silkies yet, but wanted some.

View attachment 3652451
the 3 that hatched plus the big white chick is 2 weeks older from another group. He is caring for the little ones. The 3 small ones are silky mixes, they were surprise which is great, since I didn't have any silkies yet, but wanted some.
Aww, so cute! I have 2 little silkie mix chicks with a broody hen down at the coop ♥️

Back
Top Bottom