Ended Official BYC Contest - Chicken and Egg Recipes - Win a BYC Cookbook!

Pics
Besides, does it say anywhere in the rules that the recipes in the contest HAVE to be consumed by humans?
wink.png
I'm not going to undermine the hard work of those with decent, finished, delicious recipes, by including my hatchet-job disaster. If I get zucchini next week, and if the contest is still running, and if I feel up to it, I'll give it another go, and IF it turns out ok, and edible, I'll put it up then. I just posted it as an attempt at humour.

Quote: Personally, I think it sounds delicious. It just needs a bit of tweeking before it's finalized. If you have another go at it, please let us know the details. Having ways to utilize those giant zucchinis, that endless supply of vegetable matter that I always find under a huge leaf and don't want to waste, is important to lots of farmers. Perfecting this recipe and reposting should be considered a public service.

Personally, I think it sounds delicious. It just needs a bit of tweeking before it's finalized. If you have another go at it, please let us know the details. Having ways to utilize those giant zucchinis, that endless supply of vegetable matter that I always find under a huge leaf and don't want to waste, is important to lots of farmers. Perfecting this recipe and reposting should be considered a public service.
X2

Perfecting this recipe and reposting should be considered a public service.
It's a variation on the Women's Weekly zucchini slice, which is an excellent way to use zucchinis (which I find pretty bland and boring, to be honest, that's why I like it jazzed up a bit with more "stuff" than in the base recipe.

I'll certainly post it properly if I get to make it again while the contest is running and it turns out ok.

I'm not going to undermine the hard work of those with decent, finished, delicious recipes, by including my hatchet-job disaster. If I get zucchini next week, and if the contest is still running, and if I feel up to it, I'll give it another go, and IF it turns out ok, and edible, I'll put it up then. I just posted it as an attempt at humour.

And IMO the responses were also intended as humor
wink.png
We all need smiles every day.

Now, Chip.....don't you REMEMBER my Deviled Eggs recipe?
lau.gif
But I gotta admit that that's the same reason I didn't enter it at first - so I get it. But then I was urged to get it in, so I figured, everyone who knows me that I have a goofball side anyway!

Personally, I think it sounds delicious. It just needs a bit of tweeking before it's finalized. If you have another go at it, please let us know the details. Having ways to utilize those giant zucchinis, that endless supply of vegetable matter that I always find under a huge leaf and don't want to waste, is important to lots of farmers. Perfecting this recipe and reposting should be considered a public service.

I've never eaten zucchini - but it's a squash? Couldn't you substitute for squash casseroles - if so, you can just blanch, freeze and bring them out for those.

Back
Top Bottom