Ended Official BYC Contest: Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Fall / Winter 2011

Not only is this a MEGA stink eye, she is sporting one of those medieval spiked balls on her bum.
barnie.gif
th.gif
thumbsup.gif
poor baby.......

Quote:

Quote:
ok naked is one thing... this one gets my vote for being degraded and having to wear a dog shirt.
lau.gif

NUH UH! This is very precious!!!
love.gif

OK, now I don't feel so embarrassed.
hugs.gif

I have never seen any of my chicken flocks molt in the past. I guess as free range mutts, they just shed a few feathers at a time.

My current flock is in a coop and pen, and they are molting. With all the bald patches and new feathers just starting to come in, I thought they were feather picking or had mites.
fl.gif
So I scrubbed out their coop, sprinkled fresh DE everywhere (even on their feathers) and put in fresh bedding. They still look sorry., but not as sorry as some of these poor things.
gig.gif

I'll try to post some pics later.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the halloween shirt...poor girl is gonna freeze, hurry up feathers and come in quick.....
big_smile.png

Quote:
ok naked is one thing... this one gets my vote for being degraded and having to wear a dog shirt.
lau.gif

NUH UH! This is very precious!!!
love.gif

Great idea for a contest. This seems to be an especially tough year on the molting.

Our county fair always seems to hit the worst time of year for feather quality. My daughter took one of her hens this year instead of a pullet for 4-H showmanship, and the day we took them over, she started molting in earnest. The judge was handling the hen and feathers were coming off everywhere, creating a bit of a cloud and then a pile at his feet.
roll.png
The chicken seemed bright and perky but I thought my daughter would die of embarrassment.

Back
Top Bottom