Ended Official BYC Contest - Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Fall/Winter 2015

Oh that poor bird! Good photographs @missesball , very crisp and clear.

I agree, great photos and poor girl! :(

Although, am I the only one that gets a little weirded out or grossed out by the pins? I mean no offense and it's not your bird, it's all of them, I don't know, they just look so funny and weird naked and/or all the pins sticking out, it's almost creepy or scary lmao maybe not quite scary but it just looks so ridiculous and weird, almost gross, but also hilarious at the same time. i don't know what I mean, sorry. They almost look even more like little dinosaurs that way LOL speaking of which, did you know they use chickens to study dinosaurs movement? I saw that somewhere, don't know if they're still doing it. But you know how they put the little white movement dots on people and all sorts of things and a computer records it/it shows up as dots on the screen and shows movement or whatever? Well they did that with chickens lol I forget if they put the dots on or some other contraption, maybe just watched. And ACTUALLY. I think they may have attached a tail to see how they move with it LOL either way, I thought it was pretty cool they used chickens to study that but supposedly chickens are like the closest related to dinosaurs. Most birds are but there's something about chickens.

Lavender is looking SOOO much better! Her feathers still have some growing to do, but she's no longer half-naked and looking like she got into a fight.

My poor Lavender Ameraucana is going through a very rough molt! She looks horribly funny...vastly different from her usual fluffy self. She's lost feathers everywhere, but I'm surprised she still has her beard...perhaps she'll lose it tomorrow. LOL! My SF and bearded EE lost their beards first.

We are going to close this contest for judging soon!

Our poor girl Emo in the middle of molting (taken today — Dec 11, 2015)…

Second place goes to @venymae

This is my 4yos chicken, lovingly named "Sexy".
Her first molt has left her not quite living up to her name...
...and this wasn't even the worst of it!
(all other breeds)

Then the "Frizzle" category...

First place goes to @Kelsie2290

Frizzle (Sumatra)

And second place goes to @Angie16hearts

Here is my Frazzle
1f633.png
she once was pretty! Now we have a hard time not giggling. I feel so bad but it's hard not to. She needs a winter coat. I will say she lays the hugest eggs!!! Sometimes the size of our standards. I try to give her everything possible to have her plumage come back. Nothing works!

Congratulations to the winners and thank you everyone who entered!
woot.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom