Ended Official BYC Contest - Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Fall-Winter 2016

Some fantastic molters in this thread. Keep all the great pictures coming!
smile.png

X2!

None of mine every look anything like some of the pictures I see here. Most of the time I don't even know that my chicken are molting until I see the coop looking like a feather pillow fight has taken place in there. The other sign that they are molting is that I don't get any eggs for a time. I only have about 5 that are molting at this time.

I have definitely seen worse but this is my EE's first molt so I am posting her pics. I couldn't get very good pics because my black lab Marvin was trying to help, but here is Orange (that's her name)!

This is our barred rock Onesie, taken today, who probably looks worse than she really is. She lost a wing to a raccoon when she was young. The red skin is sunburn from this summer. She can't seem to grow the feathers back, probably due to over zealous roosters.

All other breeds

Last edited:

This is my EE she is 2years old entering the all other molt contest.hope this picture works

Wow...I had a few Frizzle that looked like some of these and I didn't realize that they were molting! I thought something had done that to them. What a relief!

Back
Top Bottom