Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest—What's Your Hobby?

Pics
Next to watching chicken tv, my second favorite hobby for the past several years has been fossil-hunting. (Still a distant second to watching chicken tv.😁) Hunting for fossils is a true treasure hunt, and it's especially awesome to find a rare fossil (i.e. one I don't have yet) as well as gigantic specimens representing their species. The ultimate find is an intact fossil species in matrix, but it's rare to find those since major floods usually wash bones away. I usually only go hunting after major floods, since that is the best time to find the best fossils before someone else spies and scoops them up. It's very tranquil down on a river or creek bed hearing nothing but streaming water and various birdsong while I hunt. I Could sell the fossils if I wanted to, but I prefer to keep them for my own enjoyment. One day when I leave this good earth, someone else can possess and enjoy my finds.😊
View attachment 3309983
View attachment 3309980
View attachment 3309977
View attachment 3309976
View attachment 3309975
View attachment 3309973
View attachment 3309988
View attachment 3310110
Jaw,portion and teeth of a nearly intact large mosasaur found in matrix.
View attachment 3310016
One vertebra of thirty-eight in matrix from same mosasaur
View attachment 3310015

Me too, along with crystals, rocks, stones, artifacts...

I like reading too! I eat books.
Book Reader GIF by Debbie Ridpath Ohi

Did you watch any? My favorite AGSM channels are Mixipixie7 , and Dancing dolphins. They make really good videos.
With no offense intended here in any way, no. My daughter may have been interested in these when she was younger, but I'm not the target audience.

Back
Top Bottom