Ended Official BYC Mini Contest #10 - Creative Eggs & Eggshells Contest

Yeah, I know you can't enter, I just wanna see your creative juices!

Ok Cuz, here's what I've been working

NOT AN ENTRY

I took a plain glass candle votive and glued broken pieces of eggshell to it, covered the whole thing in a few coats of Mod Podge, added a bit of sand and stuck a little votive candle in it. My cat, Bam Bam approved!

Last edited:
Ok Cuz, here's what I've been working

I took a plain glass candle votive and glued broken pieces of eggshell to it, covered the whole thing in a few coats of Mod Podge, added a bit of sand and stuck a little votive candle in it. My cat, Bam Bam approved!
How cute and creative! (Bam Bam is adorable
smile.png
)

Oh, I love it! It looks elegant enough for a wedding! white eggshells I guess are what give it that look, plus the daintyness of the tiny pieces. That would take a lot to make enough for a wedding!

How cute and creative! (Bam Bam is adorable
smile.png
)

Thank you! Bam's my buddy and such a sweetie. His sister, on the other hand, (her name is Pip) is a real pistol. She kept trying to eat the candle, lol.

Oh, I love it! It looks elegant enough for a wedding! white eggshells I guess are what give it that look, plus the daintyness of the tiny pieces. That would take a lot to make enough for a wedding!

Thanks Cuz! It did turn out prettier than I thought it would and was a really inexpensive thing to make. I probably spent $8 total (Mod Podge, craft glue, votive, candles) and have enough to make probably 4 of them. But to make enough for a wedding? Whew, better have some tough fingers, those eggshells will wear you out, lol.

Ok Cuz, here's what I've been working I took a plain glass candle votive and glued broken pieces of eggshell to it, covered the whole thing in a few coats of Mod Podge, added a bit of sand and stuck a little votive candle in it. My cat, Bam Bam approved!
Very clever! I sure hope he doesn't get that curious when it's lit.

OK. Here is my eggshell entry.

Gourd covered with broken eggshells; colored with ink dyes and pigment powders for a shimmer effect, top accented with variegated metal leaf.

Gourd covered with broken eggshells; colored with ink dyes and pigment powders for a shimmer effect, top accented with variegated metal leaf.

Wow. That looks great, good job! I considered doing something with broken eggshells like that, but you've got be beat there!

Very pretty! I believe I saw another one of your gourds on another thread with chickens on it? In addition to the contests, you might enjoy jumping in on the Anything Art thread.

Just curious...do you grow your own gourds? What kind are they? I used to have a huge garden (just not this year) and think there would be a lot of fun art/craft sort of things you can do with gourds.

Very pretty! I believe I saw another one of your gourds on another thread with chickens on it? In addition to the contests, you might enjoy jumping in on the Anything Art thread.

Just curious...do you grow your own gourds? What kind are they? I used to have a huge garden (just not this year) and think there would be a lot of fun art/craft sort of things you can do with gourds.

Thanks. Yup, I put a rooster and hen gourd with eggshells on one of the other mini contests. I just buy the gourds already dried. It takes about six months to sit around and dry. I just like the fun part. You can see AMAZING gourd art on a website called Gourd Art Enthusiasts.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom