Ended Official BYC Mini Contest #10 - Creative Eggs & Eggshells Contest

Quote:
clap.gif
Lovely eggs and that's a very cool idea!

I've seen modge podge mentioned on BYC before. I don't think I've ever came across that. It looks like pretty cool stuff.
smile.png

clap.gif
Lovely eggs and that's a very cool idea!

I've seen modge podge mentioned on BYC before. I don't think I've ever came across that. It looks like pretty cool stuff.
smile.png

You can find it at craft stores or places like Wal Mart (don't know if you have those in Canada?). According to the label I'm looking at, it's a water base sealer, glue & finish. Here's the company website:
https://www.plaidonline.com/mod-podge/brand/home.htm

I'm going to check it out for some craft ideas!

Wow everyone's egg art is so pretty! I thought I would enter some of the quail egg necklaces I made.

I had so many quail eggs and I always thought the shells looked so beautiful, and very natural without any paint or added color, so I thought I could save them by hollowing them out and using them as Easter decorations. By the way hollowing quail eggs is a whole lot harder than chicken or duck eggs, so tiny and fragile. I then decided to see if I could make them into necklaces. It was difficult making the shells strong enough so they wouldn't break, but after experimenting with different art supplies I was able to get the relatively strong. They never will be completely break resistant, let's not forget they are still eggs :), but they can handle a few drops.

This one was especially hard to make since i had to try and break it just right. It is coated inside and out with the same coating I used on the above egg. I painted the inside with gold nail polish to make it sparkle. And attached a real quail feather for some extra pizzazz. They are quite the conversation starter whenever I wear them. Hope you enjoy!

Wow everyone's egg art is so pretty! I thought I would enter some of the quail egg necklaces I made.

I had so many quail eggs and I always thought the shells looked so beautiful, and very natural without any paint or added color, so I thought I could save them by hollowing them out and using them as Easter decorations. By the way hollowing quail eggs is a whole lot harder than chicken or duck eggs, so tiny and fragile. I then decided to see if I could make them into necklaces. It was difficult making the shells strong enough so they wouldn't break, but after experimenting with different art supplies I was able to get the relatively strong. They never will be completely break resistant, let's not forget they are still eggs :), but they can handle a few drops.

This one was especially hard to make since i had to try and break it just right. It is coated inside and out with the same coating I used on the above egg. I painted the inside with gold nail polish to make it sparkle. And attached a real quail feather for some extra pizzazz. They are quite the conversation starter whenever I wear them. Hope you enjoy!

Fabulous!! :love

I had so many quail eggs and I always thought the shells looked so beautiful, and very natural without any paint or added color, so I thought I could save them by hollowing them out and using them as Easter decorations. By the way hollowing quail eggs is a whole lot harder than chicken or duck eggs, so tiny and fragile. I then decided to see if I could make them into necklaces. It was difficult making the shells strong enough so they wouldn't break, but after experimenting with different art supplies I was able to get the relatively strong. They never will be completely break resistant, let's not forget they are still eggs
smile.png
, but they can handle a few drops.

These are fantastic! Thank you for sharing
smile.png

I had so many quail eggs and I always thought the shells looked so beautiful, and very natural without any paint or added color, so I thought I could save them by hollowing them out and using them as Easter decorations. By the way hollowing quail eggs is a whole lot harder than chicken or duck eggs, so tiny and fragile. I then decided to see if I could make them into necklaces. It was difficult making the shells strong enough so they wouldn't break, but after experimenting with different art supplies I was able to get the relatively strong. They never will be completely break resistant, let's not forget they are still eggs
smile.png
, but they can handle a few drops.

Very pretty, good job!

Back
Top Bottom