Ended Official BYC Mini Contest #4 - Show us your talent! Create a work of art

pop.gif

Okay, here you go. My entry. Fully my own design. I used socks, thread, stuffing and buttons.

It is a new rare landrace breed that I developed and introduced to the poultry community 2 years ago. They really don't have a standard color or comb shape. These are only 2 known to exist. It needs no feeding (it is always stuffed), nor watering and creates no poop nor smell. It is great for urban backyards, obviously. They make no noise to bother the neighbors. It is docile and gentle with children. They like to free range (usually with children), but handle confinement well. Children like to cuddle with them. They fly very well, like a missile actually and often hit their mark. They land clumsily, but never get hurt.

Their only flaws are that sadly, they cannot lay eggs and that as much as they may come already stuffed to your holiday meal, they will give you cotton mouth if you attempt to eat one.

As I saw my first chicken (the grey rooster) take shape, I was pleasantly surprised to see it take on the personality of "Rocky" from "Chicken Run". Many others have commented on the resemblance too. It was purely coincidental.

Last edited:
Nothing like competing against Mom...

My daughter creates and sells her jewelry (feather, wire, wooden beads, some leather) in her shop on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB

The following is her choice for her entry. It is made from blue copper marans feathers and wire. I got her to make 3 of these for me and I hung them under the chandelier over the dining room table. So dreamy and delicate:

Last edited:
I have a home Daycare in Centennial Colorado. The kids and I made Camilia, the daycare mascot. It was so much fun getting messy with paper mache. We want to make a bigger one next summer.

Nothing like competing against Mom...

My daughter creates and sells her jewelry (feather, wire, wooden beads, some leather) in her shop on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB

The following is her choice for her entry. It is made from blue copper marans feathers and wire. I got her to make 3 of these for me and I hung them under the chandelier over the dining room table. So dreamy and delicate:

That's beautiful!

I have a home Daycare in Centennial Colorado. The kids and I made Camilia, the daycare mascot. It was so much fun getting messy with paper mache. We want to make a bigger one next summer.

That must have been a blast for the kids to make!

Okay, here you go. My entry. Fully my own design. I used socks, thread, stuffing and buttons.

It is a new rare landrace breed that I developed and introduced to the poultry community 2 years ago. They really don't have a standard color or comb shape. These are only 2 known to exist. It needs no feeding (it is always stuffed), nor watering and creates no poop nor smell. It is great for urban backyards, obviously. They make no noise to bother the neighbors. It is docile and gentle with children. They like to free range (usually with children), but handle confinement well. Children like to cuddle with them. They fly very well, like a missile actually and often hit their mark. They land clumsily, but never get hurt.

Their only flaws are that sadly, they cannot lay eggs and that as much as they may come already stuffed to your holiday meal, they will give you cotton mouth if you attempt to eat one.

As I saw my first chicken (the grey rooster) take shape, I was pleasantly surprised to see it take on the personality of "Rocky" from "Chicken Run". Many others have commented on the resemblance too. It was purely coincidental.

Too cute. Love the description story.

Back
Top Bottom