Ended Official BYC Mini Contest #4 - Show us your talent! Create a work of art

sunflour

Flock Master
8 Years
Jan 10, 2013
Macon,GA
Winners announced here!

This contest is brought to you by our BYC Sponsors (click to view & support them)

CHICKEN ART CONTEST

Pick your favorite medium, make something chicken-themed and show us your creativity for a chance to win.

DRAW, PAINT, BURN WOOD, SCULPT WOOD, PAPER MACHE'....

by @ChickenLUVERS

QUILT, SEW, EMBROIDER, KNIT, CROCHET...

Courtesy of @N F C

TILE, CERAMICS...

by @nzpouter

JEWELRY CREATION, GLUE, HEAT FUSE, SOLDER, MODEL CLAY....

by @NickyKnack

Come on and get out those crayons and enter today!!!

wee.gif

Prizes:

3 winners will each receive a 2017 BYC Calendar!

RULES:

1. All entries must be submitted as a pic reply to this thread.
  2. Give a brief description of the entry and mediums you use.
  3. Only two entries per member with one photo per entry.
  4. Any form of art - even wearable art - is permitted.
  5. Entry must be your own creation recent or from the past.
  6. No fake editing, photoshopping.
  7. Entries will be judged primarily on originality and creativity.
  8. All BYC Rules apply.
  9. Have fun!

We will be accepting entries until Sunday the 11th of December

If you would like a calendar, without entering the contest, please see how to purchase one HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
And I have finished my masterpiece! I didn't think anything would EVER appear on that piece of paper. But first, here's Kendra's. Actually I thought she did a really good job, although it's not an actual entry!

Notice she even put an egg behind her! (She had a little help, making it in preschool for Thanksgiving with her aid's help,and it's supposed to be a turkey, but don't tell her.) She points at it up on the fridge and says, "Chicken" so I figured if she wants it to be a chicken, it's a chicken! Um, I have no idea what the coffin behind the chicken is supposed to represent. Stuffed turkey?

Okay, here you go. My entry. Fully my own design. I used socks, thread, stuffing and buttons.

It is a new rare landrace breed that I developed and introduced to the poultry community 2 years ago. They really don't have a standard color or comb shape. These are only 2 known to exist. It needs no feeding (it is always stuffed), nor watering and creates no poop nor smell. It is great for urban backyards, obviously. They make no noise to bother the neighbors. It is docile and gentle with children. They like to free range (usually with children), but handle confinement well. Children like to cuddle with them. They fly very well, like a missile actually and often hit their mark. They land clumsily, but never get hurt.

Their only flaws are that sadly, they cannot lay eggs and that as much as they may come already stuffed to your holiday meal, they will give you cotton mouth if you attempt to eat one.

As I saw my first chicken (the grey rooster) take shape, I was pleasantly surprised to see it take on the personality of "Rocky" from "Chicken Run". Many others have commented on the resemblance too. It was purely coincidental.

Last edited:
I want a calendar. Ode to my first ever chickens.

Gourd with rooster and hen woodburned then painted with ink dyes and acrylics. Egg-shaped frame is eggshells from my two Olive Egger hens glued on. The rim is raffia to evoke the feeling of a nest.

Back
Top Bottom