Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest - What’s Your Hobby

Pics
I've always loved animals & making or repurposing or crafting. I was either drawing, painting or making something (hopefully more than a mess) since I was 3 yrs old. I used to give as unique gifts or sell sometimes at craft shows, anything from pen & ink, charcoal & watercolor to flower silk & eucalyptus arrangements or swags, handpainted fabric painted shirts, dream catchers with feathers from my birds, to woodwork items, from making little birdhouses or bird themed decor, dog houses from scrap wood out of construction site dumpsters, to repurposing or creating new uses for old furniture like storage, armiores, hutches, desks, etc. I like finding a use for things that would otherwise end up in a landfill. Even old tools can be displayed as art. It's fun being creative...keeps me out of trouble, too! 😆

(I've recently lost over 2,500 irreplaceable photos when I got a new phone, but have managed to find a few through old emails)
Wow they’re beautiful! Sorry about your photos 😕

#3) ANYTHING beauty related! I LOVE making jewelry and doing hair, nails, and makeup! I am definitely much more skilled at this than a lot of my other talents. I've practiced at this stuff since I was a kid.

I could probably charge money for some of my items or makeovers but most of the time, I just don't have the time to do it. I only have a son so when my friend's daughters come over here, they always ask for me to do makeover. It may be the most technical of all the hobbies I indulge in because every human face and body is different. Eyes are different shapes so I'm always adapting my method on the fly.

But it's definitely one of my more useful talents 😍

20200903_201154.jpg

Making a wig for my niece!
Screenshot_20200906-234942.png

Braids I've learned to do and install! As well as the ones below!
Screenshot_20200831-140443.png

Another wig cap for using braiding hair to create the wig!
Screenshot_20200907-151344.png

Screenshot_20200823-151222.png

20200830_200626.jpg

20200830_185725.jpg

And makeovers I got to do on my girls :)

Plus the jewelry!

IMG_20200420_224458_608.jpg

IMG_20200420_224458_609.jpg

IMG_20200420_224458_989.jpg

IMG_20200420_224458_911.jpg

I do nails, too, but I can't find the pictures. If I had it in me to maintain a regular schedule, I'd love to open a salon or a little boutique.

Fake human teeth?!? :eek: Brilliant! Lol
They're all over Wish and ebay for super cheap. Some claim to be porcelain but most are resin. Of all the "porcelain" teeth that have been listed I've only ever gotten ONE real set which is ok if I'm just gluing it on but when I'm baking polymer clay or inserting them into something hot, the difference between resin and porcelain become VERY obvious.

Still, it's fun to have a collection of fake human teeth. You'd be surprised how often they come up as being useful when making projects! 🤣

I've always loved animals & making or repurposing or crafting. I was either drawing, painting or making something (hopefully more than a mess) since I was 3 yrs old. I used to give as unique gifts or sell sometimes at craft shows, anything from pen & ink, charcoal & watercolor to flower silk & eucalyptus arrangements or swags, handpainted fabric painted shirts, dream catchers with feathers from my birds, to woodwork items, from making little birdhouses or bird themed decor, dog houses from scrap wood out of construction site dumpsters, to repurposing or creating new uses for old furniture like storage, armiores, hutches, desks, etc. I like finding a use for things that would otherwise end up in a landfill. Even old tools can be displayed as art. It's fun being creative...keeps me out of trouble, too! 😆

(I've recently lost over 2,500 irreplaceable photos when I got a new phone, but have managed to find a few through old emails)
Oh no!!!

A word of advice so that you don't lose your photos or contacts ever again; sign in your Google account into your phone and set up which folders to backup in the Google Photos app. You can also ensure that all contacts are saved to whichever email address you've used to sign in with that way if you ever have to switch phones, it will have them automatically if you switch phones. And Google Photos/Drive will ALWAYS have a copy of your pictures on hand.

I am so so sorry you've lost so many pictures. As someone who's lost many important items and memories in the form of photos to things like fires and floods, my heart absolutely breaks for you 💔

Do you go to KnittingPatternCentral.com and CrochetPatterncentral.com?

They both have TONS of free toy patterns like the ones you've posted. They've even got Finn and Jake up there from Adventure Time and Bender from Futurama!
I mostly use Ravelry. thanks for the suggestion! I"ll check out CrochetPatterncentral.com

My second love after animals....

I good long ride on hard enduro trails! My dirt bike is my baby. The Desert 100 is the biggest race in this area located in eastern Washington. They finally put up a 100 mile women’s class, which they didn’t have for 40+ years. Now us females have others to compete with! They finally realized that the 50 mile race wasn’t enough for some of us. And competing with males is not proper competition.

Thousands of other dirt bike loving peeps gather in April for a weekend of races, poker runs and the beer tent lol I don’t drink when we’re there luckily.
647835AA-4A34-45B6-84E1-A4B7E95ACDFE.jpeg

Last year my other half was my pit crew. He decided to do the poker run instead of the race.
2C528D87-CB9D-49C9-BB33-0BE9A317B31B.jpeg

Friends of ours pit as well. I had hit a guy that stopped, didn’t look to see if anyone was coming, and walking right out in front of me. Was in 4th gear plowing through a flat field. The wreck wasn’t pretty and messed up my wrist. They tried to convince me to stop and not finish the last 50 miles. Ha! Don’t think so. Had already ridden 40 miles after the wreck.
A01350AE-A2CB-4526-8531-798C9BD06DA1.jpeg

604FE90A-8A4B-4720-92BD-A53C2BA1B559.jpeg
The finish line...
BE797965-1BDC-4CC6-BBE1-7AE5A7CF4BA5.jpeg

In the PNW, there are a few good areas to ride and I’m up there normally every weekend. But a new bike is on its way and the other is torn down and getting ready to be sold. I will miss it!
81B13625-82E0-4594-A31A-87B233F8743E.jpeg

2020 hasn’t been kind to a lot of people. The year started out with getting hit by a drunk driver who was going 50mph when he rear ended us. Totaled our trailer and our truck. Frame was taco’d
82FAFD73-B611-40E1-BCAF-FF19BA8C4CA8.jpeg

I was the only one injured somehow. Severe whiplash, torn shoulder and left with nerve damage in my neck. This year was spent going to doctors, MRIs, X-rays and surgeries. Has 2021 arrived yet?
33F7592A-7D8B-499B-BE09-752767F9FD0D.jpeg

Thank goodness the birbs were here this year. Had to take months off of riding to recover. They are the perfect creatures to get your mind off of crap.
B1AD5FBC-2B38-4907-B526-412E9948C417.jpeg

I mostly use Ravelry. thanks for the suggestion! I"ll check out CrochetPatterncentral.com
Oh you're in for a treat! It's a HUGE aggregate site of basically all the free patterns out there. I know how to knit but NOT crochet but I do know that they've got lots of Ravelry patterns linked as well as the free ones from Lion's Brand and the like. I hope you find it as essential a website as I do when it comes to busting out the yarn and needles 🧶

Back
Top Bottom