Official BYC Poll: How many chickens do you have?

How many chickens do you have?

• 1 - 3

Votes: 167 6.7%
  • 4 - 5

Votes: 328 13.1%
  • 6 - 8

Votes: 438 17.5%
  • 9 - 15

Votes: 552 22.1%
  • 16 - 25

Votes: 433 17.3%
  • 26 - 50

Votes: 357 14.3%
  • 51 - 100

Votes: 143 5.7%
  • 101 +

Votes: 81 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't count'em, numbers change almost daily or weekly as I sell them and hatch new ones.

My best answer : "I HAVE AS MANY AS IS REQUIRED".

Anyway that's the answer my wife gets every time she ask this question.

15 chickens:
7 Ideal 236 hens
a rooster of some sort
an Old English rooster
3 silkie chicks (looking like a trio ;) - rooster and 2 hens)
3 mystery pullets

Also have:
1 chinese goose
1 muscovy duck hen that is sitting on guineas eggs, LOL
1 tom turkey (out of Eastern stock)
1 pr wood ducks
1 pr ringed teal and their 4 hen offspring
14 or so guineas plus the eggs that the duck is on, eggs in incubator and eggs under one guinea hen
7 zebra finches
1 spoiled rotten Timneh African Grey parrot
Numerous 4 legged critters and fish

My little chick family consists of 4 Barred Rocks, 3 Rhode Island Reds, and 2 Easter Eggers, which is a total of 9. I want more. I want more.

4 ducks that now are 6 (thanks to great insight from BYC folks to get our ratio in good order)...10 hens (8 different breeds), 5 dogs, 3 cats, 3 bunnies, 6 finches +++.....

Living the good life in Southern California. Getting ready to move to a small country home in Virginia with more acreage ...for more hoofed animals.

Thanks for all your work on this site - and everyone's commitment to honor the inner love for Backyard Chickens (& Ducks, etc.) !

Blessings!

Last edited:
As of this morning, we have 2 less chickens. Something got into the coop last night and killed them plus injured another. So now we have 13 hens and a roo. Trying to nurse Little Whitey. Her neck and left eye got damaged but she is eating and drinking - in a pet carrier in the shade right now. Neighbor is going to set a live trap outside the coop tonight. He thinks it was a raccoon.

Best of luck relocating or relifeing that prediter. My numbers changed too I now have 11 meat birds and 8 layers. I lost 5 with travel stress and or genetic issues. So total 19 birds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom