Official BYC Poll: What Kind of Roost(s) Do You Have Installed?

What Kind of Roost(s) Do You Have Installed?

• PVC Pipe

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Branch(es)

Votes: 154 36.5%
  • Wooden Dowel Rod

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • Processed Wood with Rounded Corners

Votes: 51 12.1%
  • 2x4" Construction wood wide edge up

Votes: 211 50.0%
  • 2x4" Construction wood narrow edge up

Votes: 70 16.6%
  • Pre-made Plastic Roost Bars

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • None

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Other (please elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 55 13.0%

• Total voters
Pics
I caught my Pullets this morning before they jumped down. View attachment 2550297
I had my phone camera ready before opening door and turning on lights. So not exactly posing, but. GC
Close enough! I'm never up early enough to catch them on the roost before they jump down, but sometimes I see them via the chicken cam when my alarm goes off.

2x3 wide side up

Attachments

• 20210227_100636.jpg
    20210227_100636.jpg
    626.3 KB · Views: 15
I use just about everything. I have installed roost bars in corners that get used but mostly I find all my free rangers up on the metal dividers of my barn stalls and on the barn stall doors. Oh and up in trees. Be careful walking under any trees around the ranch after dusk haha.

Hi, can I still take the poll? How do we know when these polls are happening? This is second one that I've seen in the last few days that seem to be completed and I would enjoy participating in the poll. Thanks!

Hi, can I still take the poll? How do we know when these polls are happening? This is second one that I've seen in the last few days that seem to be completed and I would enjoy participating in the poll. Thanks!
Poll is at top of thread. Still appears active to me as I have already voted but, it still gives me the option to change my vote....

Even with that said, that doesn't keep you from sharing and caring....

Back
Top Bottom