• Meat

Votes: 640 26.4%
  • Fertilizer

Votes: 924 38.1%
  • Bug Control

Votes: 1,018 42.0%
  • More interesting and/or easy than other animals

Votes: 642 26.5%
  • Other (please specify in reply comments)

Votes: 257 10.6%
  • Showing & Exhibition

Votes: 219 9.0%

• Total voters
I am so happy to be able to talk to other people who love chickens.

I keep chickens because it decreases stress and anxiety and I just plain love them, I could watch them all day. Here are the breeds I have all bantams. I would love a few more breeds.
I have 1 black frizzle, 2 black mottled cochins, 1 white crested black polish, 2 buff brahmas, 3 EE`s, 1 black silkie and 1 white silkie, both silkies are roo`s, the rest are hens.
welcome-byc.gif
. Cute flock, thanks for sharing the photos!

I think they are great to have around. I've got a rooster that just loves me. I walk out the door and if he sees me or here's my voice he will start to crow until I come over and pet him. When ever the flock is grazing and I shake a bag of scraps or even just call them they come a running flying trying to get to me first. It's a highlight for me. I go out and sit in the yard and throw bread to them or whatever is on the menu. They are entertaining, the eggs are the best you'll ever get, to me that's just a bonus.

I think they are great to have around. I've got a rooster that just loves me. I walk out the door and if he sees me or here's my voice he will start to crow until I come over and pet him. When ever the flock is grazing and I shake a bag of scraps or even just call them they come a running flying trying to get to me first. It's a highlight for me. I go out and sit in the yard and throw bread to them or whatever is on the menu. They are entertaining, the eggs are the best you'll ever get, to me that's just a bonus.
Very good point.
smile.png

We raise chickens in part because they are phenomenal teachers of life lessons to our kids (and us): responsibility, accepting loss, assorted scientific concepts, logical consequences...long list here. Also, they are just so so funny and entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom