offshore fishing

You guys are killing me. I LOVE to go offshore on the Texas Gulf Coast. Just no money for it any more and no friends with nice boats. Gee, I need to make some friends with boats LOL.

Quote:
haha

yep, that worked out great for me. Before that it was all charters out of Golden Isle in St Simmons.
It was fun, but nothing like setting your own time, and doing what you want. Plus now with fuel, I honestly couldnt afford it either. The boss man covers all his when I go with him, so that's super nice too. He's new to it all, so I sort of just act as the guide when we go.

Ken, that aint a bad tripletail either. But you're right, there's some monsters out there. Follow the bouy lines or look for floating trash and weeds in April, when they are in there will be one on about everything floating out there. A live shrimp under a popping cork drives them crazy...

By the way...that boat you are on there is the Minner Skinner aint it!

Greg Hildreth is one of my very good friends. He's who I started offshore fishing with on that 25 ft Mako he used to have there.
He's a taxidermist also. Got to know him threw that when I had all my migratory waterfowl. He'd come over to video them and all for pose references....small world.

Also good friend with another major captain over there, Mark Noble, dont know if you ever used him before, but if you go tarpon fishing, check with either of them for a trip

Yep, he's a great guy, guide , and friend. My dad drown over there back in 2001. We had just got back in from my honeymoon charter trip with Greg (told ya, I love offshore fishing). Anyway, called Greg to let him know he was missing off the beach on Jekyll. He and all his Charter buddies did all they could to help find him, went out of their way for it just because he was my dad. Anyway, had been great friends with him up to then, but after that, I'll never forget him for all he did.

On a lighter note. I did get some pics loaded today, some are off Greg's boat, some are on ours, some have Mark Noble along with us.
Hope yall enjoy, I sure did...

here's some off Greg's old boat

scan0003.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0001.jpg

here's some stream stuff, yellowfin tuna, dolphin, wahoo, and sails

scan0006.jpg

scan0017.jpg

scan0016.jpg

scan0015.jpg

scan0012.jpg

scan0011.jpg

scan0010.jpg

some of my bigger cobia

scan0020.jpg

my pride and joy, that 40# red snapper. He was the GA State Record and 50# line world record, unfortunately, we didnt know and just ate him

scan0019.jpg

large mangrove snapper we catch like crazy over there, this ones a baby, caught them up to 25 lbs

scan0021.jpg

some massive African Pompano trips, these averaged 45-50 each

scan0013.jpg

scan0014.jpg

scan0007.jpg

my wife and her very first Trapon

scan0022.jpg

Last edited:
The dolphin and stuff are impressive but I like the Marlin the best. Bet that thing was a blast to catch! Not that they all weren't but I just love Marlin.

Quote:
Yep, I'm fond of all the bill fish too. That was an Atlantic Sail, he took about 45 mins on 20 lbs tackle to get in. Was light tackle fishing live bait for kings when he hit unexpected. Tail walked for ever seemed like. Gotta love 'em

Back
Top Bottom