Oh man, this is sooo dangerous!

For me anyways!
tongue.png
I just started vet school and since before even starting, we've been bombarded with emails about animals up for adoption. I walk through the school hallways and all I see are cute posters of different animals needing homes. How am I ever going to escape unscathed?? Then if you volunteer with the SPCA, they basically throw cute adorable kittens at you and tell you to "foster" them, but really? Is it really possible to JUST foster? You're going to tell me I can choose any dog to take home for a few weeks and I can bring it back whenever I want to? How do you expect me to do that without getting completely attached??

They definitely make it difficult for students to make it through school without a pet or two! LOL I'm trying to wait until most of this first year (or at least the first half of the year) is over to adopt a dog, but boy is it difficult! I figure at some point, the perfect dog will find its way to me and I won't be able to resist. They just put up a poster of some lab/teaching beagles for adoption. I'm not normally a beagle fan, but we used these dogs the other day to practice physical exams and they were so well behaved and adorable! Much smaller than beagles I've seen before!

HELP ME!
lol.png
lol about all the temptations! Congrats on getting into vet school. My cousin went to UC Davis years ago and loves being a vet! She is the only vet in our family with most of the rest of the people being in people medicine. We all call her for the 411 on our animals lol.

Thank you!

I'm going to look into fostering a dog after this crazy anatomy class is over. Even though I really want a dog, there are a lot of things I have to take into consideration! I did get offered a job in radiology though which will be a HUGE help with paying bills and maybe then I'll have some extra money!

Back
Top Bottom