Oh no. They got a pup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Because we both will be going to college, and his family offered to save us some money so we would be able to buy a house a little after college. I can't have classes my first year, but even with me working full time it wouldn't be enough for us to live in an apartment without being strapped for cash often.

Plus, I don't want to get rid of my little ones.
roll.png
gig.gif

@Tala - I don't know what they're going to do with the pup, and I don't know the bloodlines of him either. No sense in assuming with nothing is known.
wink.png
I'd love to build one super one before moving, since that was my original plan, but the problem is moving it the 700+ miles through the flatlands and then mountains.

Or finding a way to make it shippable, but even with that it would have to wait til we get there in order to be built. With the trip, we'd most likely end up there around night unless we take a hotel break an hour or so away. The trip will be done in a Toyota Celica, unless we want to do the trip 3 times to get a truck.
wink.png
The celi has enough room for the girls and us, plus minimal luggage for hotel breaks. We military know how to pack light and tight.
gig.gif

Quote:
Because we both will be going to college, and his family offered to save us some money so we would be able to buy a house a little after college. I can't have classes my first year, but even with me working full time it wouldn't be enough for us to live in an apartment without being strapped for cash often.

Being strapped for cash is part of being young and starting out.

Quote:

Being strapped for cash is part of being young and starting out.

True dat.
I rememember when we had $20/week for groceries for two
ep.gif
But, we didn't starve and all the bills got paid. We bought a house 2 years later. It could happen
thumbsup.gif

Honestly I couldn't imagine any of my kids at that point in their lives wanting to live with us no matter how much money it was going to save them.....or me being really wild about that idea either!! I guess I figured if they chose to live together before they got married (which they all did) they were old enough to be paying their own bills....even if it took working full time while they were going to school (which it did for my daughter).

'Ey now. No need for 'I don't see why, I did it different' comments. We have reasons, you have reasons.
wink.png
Not trying to be rude, but even bf thinks there's a tad bit rudeness in this thread. (He's a lurker, he is.
tongue.png
) I'm not sure if he's gonna post or not, depends if he wants to make an account.
gig.gif

But, still unno about pup. Trying to get some information on his bloodlines, hoping for good temperament breeding. If so, I wonder how hard it will be to train pup to be nice to chicks. 0.o

Woo! Learned pup is only 6 weeks, so should still be easy to train when we get there. Hopefully we can train it to reverse-hunt!
gig.gif

I'm worried about where pup came from now, though. 0_o Thanks for help and ideas.
smile.png

Quote:
I just said I couldn't see my kids wanting to play house in my house no matter how much money it saved them....they wouldn't have wanted to live here married either for that matter.

I still think you're really not going to have much to say about the pup....or it's training since it's not your pup.

Aye, but there was a lot of things that bf was shocked to see, since I'm usually going on about how nice BYCers are.
wink.png
Family just thought that if we save every month of rent, it'd be enough for a nice size down payment for a nice enough house after college. $700ish a month for 5ish years is nice. Plus, his family wants me to cook for them.
gig.gif
So, it's more of a trade-off than just mooching deal.
wink.png
(They make REALLY great food too! Homemade Pho? Delicious!)

I might not have a say about pup, but I'm still going to be family. Plus, training can only be a good thing so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be considered. Bf is already scouting places for pup classes to tell them about. Trained pups are nice pups, good for everyone! Not just my girls. Though it is a good thing to not come home to see a murder victim.
gig.gif

I won't address the living situation since you have it all figured out.

The one thing I've found about training a dog is that everyone around the dog needs to be on the same page, or you end up with a confused, untrained dog. Training needs to be very consistent and steady. It's really more a case of traing the people before the dog can be trained.

Aye. This is true. When I trained my german shepherd, my mom undid it all.
roll.png
He'll listen to me and my dad, but no one else now.

Me and bf are still going to try to coordinate pup classes though. We can hope!
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom