WVduckchick

🐓🦆For the Birds!🦆🐓
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Feb 9, 2015
West Virginia
My Coop
My Coop
I have a trail camera set up on my coop and run. Check out the visitor we had the other night! He went back and forth a few times for about 7 minutes, and finally gave up! Yeah!

He sure wanted in but thank goodness, didn't infiltrate the fortress!!

Thanks, I was so proud to see the dirty rascal didn't get in. This time. I also have a motion light facing the ramp, not sure if the possum set it off or not.

What trail cam are you using? I also use a moultrie trail cam and am pretty happy with the pictures. But it crap out when it gets cold and won't take any pictures. Maybe my batteries, but, idk.

I have 3 Moultrie M80's and 1 M880. I think this is the M880 but the older M80 are more reliable. This one sometimes still takes black and white pics, even when its plenty daylight. But I love them. We use them primarily for deer season, but will probably keep one on my coop all the time now.
Oh they do go through batteries quickly in the cold!!

I brought ours in and it worked fine. So I think it is just too cold (-10°f)

Really do like it though price vs features I think it's worked very well.

Brrrr that's cold! they definitely don't last long in those temps! I have them out year round but it never gets quite that cold here. Batteries last well during spring and summer but winter eats them.

If you see it in often as you say, it could be a great investment. Even if he didn't get in this time, I want to see how often he comes around and if he keeps trying in one spot, I'll refortify!

Back
Top Bottom