Oh the FLIES are killing me!!!!!

I have vanilla car scents hanging in my coop and I use those sticky fly traps!!! And I hang 2 in there and change them about once a week!! I love those things!! There the best!! I hate the flies too but I don't notice them anymore!!

This summer the flies were horrible! We just got a fly catcher and hung it near the coop.( about 16ft away) and it killed all the flies it was great. Then also cleaning out the coop regularly and moving it helped out a lot too.
smile.png
now its getting cold so I dont have to worry about it so much.

Keep your run and hen house clean. I had a BIG problem with flies this summer as soon as I started cleaning (about every two or three weeks) the were gone. Maybe one or two here and there. But almost completely gone. Keep the poop and old treats picked up it helps a ton!
big_smile.png

Good luck!
big_smile.png

We used Starbar Fly Stick Jr. This summer. Our fly problem was horrendous and we tried EVERYTHING (including DE) without much luck. It was as if the flies were nesting in the earth. A few fly sticks out and within a hour, they were covered and our run was fly free. After that, we put one or two out a week for maintenance and our fly problem never got bad. We try to keep everything clean as possible. The star bars have 3d images of flies on them as an attractant and let me tell you - we watched flies leave the poop and fly TO the stick!

Next year we are going with fly predators too! I just visited a farm with 200 hens, horses and puppies and not a single fly. She only uses fly predators!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom