OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I'm thinking I'll build a new one and use this for something else, don't quite know for what yet though. I graduate from UF on saturday, so until I find a big kid job I'll have some time on my hands to figure it out.

My husband wanted to buy a prefab coop. Thankfully, I was able to talk him out of it. Granted, it was more the idea of how many of the coops we would have to buy. He likes to modify things so that part would almost be fun for him.

prefab coop uses here until we built our first cabin coop. the prefab is now in my run and I use it once a year maybe. the roof of it is falling part some, so I need to get in the and tear it down May save some of the good side doors for future pens possibly. While we used the coop it was surrounded by electric fencing, saved our birds many times! Dang old neighbor would let her dogs roam.

I have red bantam Cochin hatching eggs available right now, $20 a dozen+. My cabinet incubator is completely full. Smooth cockerel over 2 smooth and 2 frizzle pullets. Local pickup only since it's the end of the week. NPIP, located in Lebanon Ohio.

And just like that we have doubled our flock! Yesterday we got our 6 new chicks in the mail from Meyer Hatchery. I was so excited when the call came from the post office... Then I was nervous to open the box, having read some rather creepy accounts of dead chicks. It was amazing to open the package and see those 6 cuties looking up at me! I got 3 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Easter Eggers, and a freebie as yet unknown breed (plain yellow chick). All of them seem healthy and energetic, eating and drinking well. Yep, I'm hooked!

Congratulations, @Maplemaam! New chicks are a true joy and worth celebrating. :) I have gotten many, MANY chicks from Meyer...every one of them healthy and beautiful. Their overhatch bins are dangerously addicting and WELL worth your time. ;-) Enjoy your precious new fuzzballs, and please share pictures when you get the chance.

Last edited:
Looking for hatching eggs still and have narrowed it down to 3 breeds. Light or Dark Brahmas, LF Blue Cochin and Blue Jersey Giants. Many of my girls are in retirement or partial retirement, I don't think of them as just pets, they live well and I know how they were raised unlike the grocery store.

Need Help finding

I'm looking for a few Turken/Naked Nexk pullets if anyone has any or could point me to someone hopefully local to me or at the very least in Ohio. I live in Lodi in Medina county.

Need Help finding

I'm looking for a few Turken/Naked Nexk pullets if anyone has any or could point me to someone hopefully local to me or at the very least in Ohio. I live in Lodi in Medina county.

check out meyer hatchery in Polk and hoobly.com; in Cincinnati but just hatched April 20th

I am picking up a pair of Seramas this week on Interstate 70 and the seller has a few extra roos. Is anyone in Ohio looking for this breed? I couldn't find any serama breeders in Ohio and these small chickens make great pets and they sure draw attention at the fairs.
I know this is short notice but a great chance to get seramas with out the shipping.

Back
Top Bottom