OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Hey fellow buckeyes. I am in Lorain county, up here on lake Erie. So, does anyone know of anyone in Ohio that breeds bantam cochins? I am looking for a barred rock bantam cochin pullet. I don't want to have to order a slew of birds trying to get what I want. Thanks

4h chicken mom try meyer hatchery
http://www.meyerhatchery.com/get_item_dobc_barred-cochins-straight-run.htm

not too far from you, but dont know if they have a minimum if you pick up at hatchery, it could be a roadtrip

Or you might go to Lorain county fair and see if anyone there has some for sale, they used to have a preatty good amount of birds then again haven't been in 20+years

Last edited:
Hi Chicknmania,

I live just outside of Columbus on the far west side (near Franklin/Madison county lines), and about two miles from my house there's a certified organic farm owned by a very nice man who I met at our farmers' market. He charges $3.50/dozen for his eggs, but again, that's here in Columbus (major metropolitan area can probably get away with higher prices). Wild Oats also charges roughly the same price for a dozen Organic Valley eggs.

GO BUCKS! Football season is just around the corner!!!!!
woot.gif

Amy

Hey Lexustami,

You're from St. Clairsville? I've shown my dogs at the fairgrounds in St. Clairsville many times, and a couple years ago I judged there as well! Small world!

Amy

Thanks mdbucks. I have ordered from Meyer before. They have good birds. They just don't sex bantams and I am afraid I could order a dozen and they would all be roos. with my luck. I will check at the fair this year.

Im just north-east of Columbus, In Westerville.
Have not gotten hens yet-still making sure its legal with the zoning people and checking out sources for birds and everything else.
If any backyard hen keepers are close by, I'd like to hear from you!!

Hello. Any of you Ohio folks want to make a short presentation about chickenstock 2008? We need a rep to present our plan at an APA meeting. Any takers?

Hi All...
I am in Marion County near Green Camp.
We have 14 or so Guineas and 27 or so Chickens! But none of my birds are laying right now. We had a flock of 25 guineas...lost quite a few to the coons...all of my hens! So we have re-stocked from Ridgeway also!

Back
Top Bottom