OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Pathfinders on the buckeye thread raises them. She is in KY. She is in the Buckeye Assc. also. I bought mine from her this spring. They are quiet, docile, and curious. I really do love them. My hen isn't laying yet. She is about 18 weeks. A friend and myself orders 12 from her. I took 6 and she took the other 1/2. She lost 3 of her chicks. Of he 3 that were left, she had 2 hens and 1 roo. Of my 6 I had 5 roos and 1 hen. I sent the extra roos to freezer camp. I plan on hatching some out next spring.

Marengoite, aka Rick also raises Buckeyes. He is (obviously) in Marengo...I will see if he is bringing any to the Delaware Swap
woot.gif

I'm reminded why I dislike Ebay.. Had the high bid on faverolle bantam eggs (which I'm dying to have) for 2 days, DH won't let me go higher.. checked every hour to make sure no one outbid me. Today on end day.. "Bam sucka! Outbid!" I'll avoid auctions from here on out. Anyone here sell fertile faverolle eggs, by chance?

Does anyone on the thread breed polish? I have two tolbunts that I think are hens, but I'll be darned if I can tell for sure. They're the first ones I've ever hatched, so I'm not really familiar with them yet. I'm going to snap some pics and post them.

I don't but i want to one day & I'd love to see them : )

Does anyone on the thread breed polish? I have two tolbunts that I think are hens, but I'll be darned if I can tell for sure. They're the first ones I've ever hatched, so I'm not really familiar with them yet. I'm going to snap some pics and post them.

I am hoping to. I have one Golden Lace Rooster and I just got him a chick, he is only 3 months and she is only 1 month right now.

Just confirmed with Rick that he is HOPING to set eggs to have chicks available for the Delaware Swap...he will have hatching eggs available at the very least...

I'm reminded why I dislike Ebay.. Had the high bid on faverolle bantam eggs (which I'm dying to have) for 2 days, DH won't let me go higher.. checked every hour to make sure no one outbid me. Today on end day.. "Bam sucka! Outbid!" I'll avoid auctions from here on out. Anyone here sell fertile faverolle eggs, by chance?
I've got a pair or two that I'm going to sell that are around 6-7 weeks old right now. They are LF salmon favorelle.

I had some polish. How old are they

I've got a pair or two that I'm going to sell that are around 6-7 weeks old right now. They are LF salmon favorelle.

!! LF are great, too. How much would you want for a pair? I might have to talk DH into another little road trip.. Actually, we had planned to take kiddo to Cincy maybe next weekend.. *insert evil grin*

Augh! Forgot all about tolbunt pics, it was so gray and rainy out. So of course I didn't take any till twilight, so, uhmmm... not the best quality. Ah well! They also both need baths -- I use fermented feed, so they're wearing a good bit of their dinners
smile.png
And looking closer at the smooth one, I dunno -- it's starting to look roo-ish to me (I hadn't looked at him? closely for a few weeks -- it's scary how quick they change!). That sort of fuzzy bearding under the chin -- or do all polish have that? The smooth one is about 6 1/2 months old, the frizzle is just over 5.

Frizzle:

Smooth:

Any guesses? Pointers? Wait to see who crows?
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom