OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Does anyone on the thread breed polish? I have two tolbunts that I think are hens, but I'll be darned if I can tell for sure. They're the first ones I've ever hatched, so I'm not really familiar with them yet. I'm going to snap some pics and post them.

the easiest way to tell them is look for the wattles. males will show larger crests typically in 3 months.

And baby rhodebar pics, just for fun! A sweet little trio fresh out of the incubator yesterday:

(yup, they are that easy to sex! lol!)

(there's always gotta be one in every crowd...
tongue2.gif
)

I'm reminded why I dislike Ebay.. Had the high bid on faverolle bantam eggs (which I'm dying to have) for 2 days, DH won't let me go higher.. checked every hour to make sure no one outbid me. Today on end day.. "Bam sucka! Outbid!" I'll avoid auctions from here on out. Anyone here sell fertile faverolle eggs, by chance?

Oh man, I hate those "sniper" autobid programs!

LOL! Right now I'm in panic mode since we had a 4 hour power outage last night. The 'bators only dipped to 81* so I'm praying all will be okay. I'm setting more blacks/showgirl eggs under my broody splash girl tonight, just in case. No matter what, I can always hatch out SGs for you and we can arrange to meet for a drop off...no prob at all! I seem to do a lot of "custom hatches" anymore, especially with my partridge
jumpy.gif

OMG, how did I miss this?? I hope all your eggies are okay, blessedchick!!

Yeah, the tolbunts don't have wattles that I've ever seen -- and looking at pictures it looks like the hens will usually have some "muff", though not as much as the roos. When they're fully mature the roos seem pretty obvious, but having never seen them mature, I sure can't tell the "small" adolescent signs at all! Ah well, that's the fun of new breeds, right?
tongue.png

ok, white crested and non bearded varieties should have long slender wattles. bearded varieties shouldn't have any.

mine are white crested, so wattles wont help you LOL, i did notice the cockerel looked extra long the whole way though. kind of like a leghorn looks compared to a plymouth rock. hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom