OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

So my dad got a bunch of baby formula from the food bank (I don't know why) and he gave it to me (I don't know why) it seems like its hot a lot of good stuff in it, could I sprinkle it on the chicken food? Would that be harmful/ beneficial? Otherwise I am just going to throw it away.

So my dad got a bunch of baby formula from the food bank (I don't know why) and he gave it to me (I don't know why) it seems like its hot a lot of good stuff in it, could I sprinkle it on the chicken food? Would that be harmful/ beneficial? Otherwise I am just going to throw it away.

I don't see why not. They'll probably be getting a little more sugar and salt than is good for them (or for babies, but Gerber doesn't seem to mind that...) but it's like anything else -- a little won't hurt them, and there are a lot of nutrients in there. Heck, my birds get almost everything when I clean out fridge leftovers... they love leftover chinese takeout!

That was fun! Got to meet Eleisha today up at the Medina swap, and BCMfarms (Jon) from here on BYC, too -- he had the loveliest black copper marans with him! It was really cute -- it was on a tether leash, just like a staked out horse :p

Didn't sell as many big chickens as I'd have liked, but all the chicks except one went -- and I kind of wanted to keep one of the splash ameraucanas anyway, so it all worked out. Except how did I end up going there with two white silkies, and coming home with four?? Backwards chicken math strikes again, lol!

love.gif
too cute!

Thanks, OHhappychicks!!! :)

The black silkie pullets eggs are fertile!

ya.gif

I think I may have reversed my position on silkies -- I was going to sell off mine because they're not really outstanding quality stock (good, but not anything spectacular) and breeding really high-quality silkies is VERY demanding (as I'm sure blessedchick could testify!) So I was going to not raise them, but somehow I ended up coming home with more than I went with today...

Back
Top Bottom