OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Pics
HELLO FELLOW BUCKEYS(GO BUCKS!)
I live in southern Delaware County,between Sunbury and Kilbourne. I'm new to BYC,just got chicks at Easter time.I adore them.Glad to see others love chickens too.So far, no one I know understands,they think I have a few screws loose. I admire people who love animals,I think animals have more on the ball than some people do... SUNBURY CHICK

Last edited:
North Columbus here (I 71 & Cooke Rd.) anyone close?

I am looking to trade some of my laying hens for a different breed! I currently have 5 1yr old white rock hens who lay big brown eggs daily! They have been fed organic feed, free range all day and never any antibiotics!!
big_smile.png
Any takers PLEASE!!!!!
tongue.png

Welcome all you newbies from Ohio!!! Glad to see so many others nearby! What kind do you have? I had 13 Freedom Rangers but now they are in the freezer (please don't hate me)...also adopted 6 bantams from a guy down the road last year, and am picking up 12 Buff Orps from Meyer Hatchery on June 9. Planning to sell baby chicks at the local feedstore because nobody does that around here anymore. Also have a variety of egg layers at my BF's. We are really enjoying our chickens and I meet more and more people in our city with chickens each week! Amazing how this is catching on. (And my family thinks I'm nuts too!!)

Nothing fancy here, we are lucky enough to have a barn to keep our coop in, so it is basically a big cage. It was relatively inexpensive to build and it is light. I just did the big spring cleaning, and I love the fact that dh and I can lift it out of the barn to clean it! It can house 10 chickens, we have 8 in it now. We will have to add onto it soon as I have at least 5 chicks moving in later this summer, maybe more (depeding on how many turn out to be roosters!).

coop.jpg

Hi, I'm a buckeye too, in southeast Ohio, down by the river. Here are some of our coops:

Our 8x8 for the free-range Delaware flock (my neighbor really needs to mow her hay field):

P1010001.jpg

Our newest addition 4x5, supposed to be a breeding coop for a trio of Dels (is currently sporting a brood of quail
roll.png
):

P1010005.jpg

My little coop for my bantams (built off of an existing structure):

P1010002.jpg

I’m new to the forum and have decided to post my first post in the “Ohio” thread.

I live in the country near Minster on a farm in an area we call “God’s Country”. My loving wife and I have 7 beautiful children (the oldest is 17 the youngest is 3) with number 8 due in December (the kids have dubbed the poor child “Ocho”), a big ugly farmhouse, some acres, some out buildings, 30+ Meyer Hatchery assorted brown egg layers and silkies hatched in early February, rabbits, gerbils and other pets and assorted farm rodents.
Peace,
Dave

sign_oh.gif
sign_io.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom