OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

with weather changes, and just minor symptoms i just mix some ACV in the water. (about 1/2 cup to 5 gallons). i also run the water "baby bottle warm". vet rx is not really a remedy but a couple drops under the wings go a long way. - like us using vicks salve or those sniff sticks.

i have seen people say to vaporize oxine if symptoms start getting severe.

i usually wait until the chicken is stressed before i give any antibiotics, if needed i will move them to a warmer location. i used to bring them in the house, but i have found i do better if i treat them and leave them outside.

They are still outside. Don't want to get them use to a nice warm house and create more problems later. I've got one wheezing, 2 sneezing occasionally, and one was wheezing and has since quit. The two wheezing did have clear discharge from the nostril earlier also but don't see it now. I did go ahead and give the 4 of them Tylan 50 @ .5cc dose intramuscularly earlier today. Might be why the one stopped wheezing already. I know in the past the Tylan worked quickly enough that by the 2nd dose they were symptom free.

I believe Candy fell in love yesterday with the Swedish flowers. She kept wanting to know what kind of a mix they were. I told her what they were and about the breed. She seemed interested in them. Kept picking the one rooster up and loving on him. She was making fun of my chocolate Wyandotte rooster. Says he looked like a hen so he attempted to peck her in the face. I about died laughing.

The second wheezing chicken has stopped. Just sneezing now. the ones that were sneezing have stopped also. glad we got that stopped quickly before it went any further.

so, how has everyone been doing? I haven't been on much lately because I've been trying to get the farm ready for winter. how is the move going Brian? How are the Ducks doing shaybaby how is everything else going?

I have some horrible news, my dog which has been doing a good job of guarding the flock has gone rogue and killed half of the flock.
hit.gif
I have 3 that are injured and patched them up as good as I could and 3 that are ok, traumatized but ok. I couldn't believe it when I came home from work yesterday. She will be going to a new home hopefully this weekend. I could not find 2 of them, there was no trace at all. I was so upset that I have been crying ever since it happened.
hit.gif

The second wheezing chicken has stopped. Just sneezing now. the ones that were sneezing have stopped also. glad we got that stopped quickly before it went any further.

so, how has everyone been doing? I haven't been on much lately because I've been trying to get the farm ready for winter. how is the move going Brian? How are the Ducks doing shaybaby how is everything else going?

Glad the colds are clearing up already! I've lost a couple runner ducks sadly mysteriously. I noticed they had bumble foot (of 15+ ducks, the runners are the only ones that get it), but it couldn't have been for long and the infection hadn't spread, and there's one that still has it (treating her for it) and is fine. So I don't know what happened. I've had rotten luck with runners, which is sad since they're my favorites. Anywho. All the chickens are hunky-dory at least after that weird mass death.

I have some horrible news, my dog which has been doing a good job of guarding the flock has gone rogue and killed half of the flock. :hit  I have 3 that are injured and patched them up as good as I could and 3 that are ok, traumatized but ok. I couldn't believe it when I came home from work yesterday. She will be going to a new home hopefully this weekend. I could not find 2 of them, there was no trace at all. I was so upset that I have been crying ever since it happened. :hit

Oh no!! So sorry chickadee! :( I'd definitely be tying a loss around that dog's neck, even if it is leaving. Hope your remainders pull through. :hugs

Thanks Shay. I'm at work right now and am itchin' to get home and see how the babies are doing. And believe me I was half tempted to give her a good one
somad.gif
she is lucky that even though I was soooo mad that I love animals and wouldn't hurt her. I don't think I have ever been that mad or heartsick in my life. Just thinking that I could trust her with them and she did that. It's been awful right now. I will let all of you know later how the girls are doing hopefully recovering well. I hated leaving them
hide.gif
but I also need to work to pay for it all!

Just came inside and the 2 that went missing last night were home when I got home from work! I was so excited that they were ok they didn't have anything wrong with them. The 2 with the bad wounds are doing pretty good considering everything that happened to them. And I also got 5 eggs today! Couldn't believe after their traumatic experience that they even laid any eggs at all. I'm one happy person though! :love

Back
Top Bottom