OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

They are a creature of habit, once they find a meal ticket, they tend to return until persuaded otherwise. In your case probably just enough to convince it that it needs to be real sneaky next time.

They are a creature of habit, once they find a meal ticket, they tend to return until persuaded otherwise. In your case probably just enough to convince it that it needs to be real sneaky next time.
Yes, that is what someone else said on the predator thread. Do you think a live trap will work or are they to smart for that? We might go ahead and set it just to see. It is all we have at the moment.
I think shaybaby said she was going. She lives in Lucasville. She will probably have a good report!
smile.png

They are a creature of habit, once they find a meal ticket, they tend to return until persuaded otherwise.  In your case probably just enough to convince it that it needs to be real sneaky next time.

I have not seen hide nor hair of our fox of last week. The two injured Jersey Giants hens that survived have stopped eating, so i suspect that they have decided to give up.

I did chase on foot when it happened, and I think that surprised the fox. That may keep him away for a bit. We have a BIG red shouldered hawk that will come back every day and pick one off if it has a chance.... Shot an arrow in her direction and she disappeared for a few weeks, too. (No, I wasn't trying to hit her)

I went an bought a 6 month old Large Lavender Orpington rooster today at the. Medina TSC animal swap....judging by the way he reacted to my French bulldog just walking by, a fox is in for a real surprise should he decide to mosey back.....:p

Did anybody get to Lucasville today ? Curious if any noticeable changes with the new setup ?
I went down today (technically yesterday now I guess). It was almost exactly the same as it's always been. Only noticed a few different/new/missing vendors. Setup's the same. Parking's the same. Crowd's definitely the same, maybe worse. Traffic was noticeably better, though, somehow.

I was really disappointed with it, though. Last April it was great, all kinds of stuff I wanted, and I was really hoping at least some of those vendors would be there this April, but none were. If you were after Comets or games, this was your swap. Otherwise, not much selection. And still no showgirls! Gah!

I was going to ask, too, if anyone made it down there today and knows what time they open the gates. They used to open at 8, I think, but with it being different now.. I saw a sign on the gate saying opened at 7, but wasn't sure if that was left over from the fair or a new sign. I only wonder because we picked up a handful of guinea keets while we were there today, brought them home, stupidly put them in a brooder with a couple ducklings who managed to clumsily crush half of them to death before I noticed, so I was thinking of running up there at 7 this morning, if that's when they open, to grab a handful more, and be back in time to get ready for church.

Last edited:
Couldn't say when they open the gates now. My goal in years past was to be on the fairgrounds before 7 AM, preferably well before, to avoid traffic, and parking issues.

I am still debating,or seeing if there might be any interest of anyone on here maybe wanting to set up another swap at my house, (mt orab) there won't be any kind of set up fee and I can put it on craigslist and a radio. I just need to know who is interested and what you might be bringing. I am thinking May 17th or the 24t??? Let me know what you all thinking and PM me if you are interested.

I am still debating,or seeing if there might be any interest of anyone on here maybe wanting to set up another swap at my house, (mt orab) there won't be any kind of set up fee and I can put it on craigslist and a radio. I just need to know who is interested and what you might be bringing. I am thinking May 17th or the 24t??? Let me know what you all thinking and PM me if you are interested. 
I'd gobut I have nothing to sell and definitely am not buying any unless I want to go live in the barn with the chickens!

Hello all and happy easter! Long story short was at tractor supply yesterday getting some things.well of course i stop by the chicks have never bought any there before. But there were chicks marked down older feathering in. Well a mother and her untuly children were looking at them and were going to get them . Sales clerk asked if they wanted feed or a heat lamp. The mother said no they are for easter decorations. She said lemme think a few and i will be back. Ok so upset yes i brought seven chicks home. The asst bantams are silkies black blue skin five toes. The others are buff brahmas. Any ways tips on sexing them? I know the silkies are hard but the brahmas some are lighter some darker. Any tips? I report they are happy and healthy in my nursery coop under heat and enjoyed some fresh grass today! I am a sucker for an animal in need!

Back
Top Bottom