OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Hatching chicks in New Holland
smile.png
having better luck thank last year, but still not great.

Cool! What are you hatching? How many so far? What type of incubator are you using?

I have 2 incubators going right now. One is a Brinsea octagon eco and it has 6 ohiki eggs in it. The other is this lovely fully automatic, completely set it and forget it type!

Cool!  What are you hatching?  How many so far?  What type of incubator are you using?

I am using a farmers innovator still air. I am not liking my results too well with it (my kids poked some holes in it last year and we tried to patch it). I hatched 8 of 18 silkie eggs and 9 of 15 barnyard mix chicks. I am hoping to get a good one by next year.

I am using a farmers innovator still air. I am not liking my results too well with it (my kids poked some holes in it last year and we tried to patch it). I hatched 8 of 18 silkie eggs and 9 of 15 barnyard mix chicks. I am hoping to get a good one by next year.
just for further reference I am going to be selling 3 LG forced air and 2 of then have turners. They have provided me with many 90% or more hatches here. I'm going to be buying a sportsman 1502 this year to replace.

just for further reference I am going to be selling 3 LG forced air and 2 of then have turners. They have provided me with many 90% or more hatches here. I'm going to be buying a sportsman 1502 this year to replace.

I have a small chest freezer I want to turn into a bator...but I need plans & materials.

I wish i could, but we have home improvement to do this year :( a new incubator has to wait until next year

Wauseon ohio here new to this we have 1 rooster and four hens and started getting three eggs a day in december is this normal? One of our hens is busting out really big eggs at 3.4 ounces daily

Wauseon ohio here new to this we have 1 rooster and four hens and started getting three eggs a day in december is this normal? One of our hens is busting out really big eggs at 3.4 ounces daily

Completely normal. Eggs are formed based off the hours of light the hen receives, whether it be artificial or natural. Some hens do lay larger eggs than other also. We have one that routinely pops out double yolkers. What breeds are yours?

And, as always,
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom