OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I am looking for pekin bantam chickens. Dose anyone know any breeders or a good person to get hatching eggs from? I am really looking for lavender ones
1f60a.png
thanks for any info.

he is out of good stock, i have his parents and have $300 in the trio.

we can get you a hen, i still have you on list for some white laced red cornish eggs/chicks. but its up to you.
I would love to have a basque hen, and thanks for the offer, but my husband is still complaining abut how far we drove the first time to your place. If you know of anyone who needs a basque cockeral, please kindly point them in my direction. I hate to send such a beautiful bird to freezer camp, especially from such expensive bloodlines. He doesn't crow yet, but he definitely acts like a roo. You can probably take me off your list for white laced cornish, too. We are way over our limit (I know, aren't we ALL?!)

Thanks for everything.

Ugh, never ever again am i doing deep litter. The stuff on the bottom was NASTY! It's all clean now and an average amount of shavings in the grow out pen. Smells a lot better, now to move the stinky pile of shavings and poo. I'm the proud new owner of a pair of very nice black silkies thanks to shaybaby! I appreciate it! Good luck with the EE/OE eggs.

Ugh, never ever again am i doing deep litter. The stuff on the bottom was NASTY! It's all clean now and an average amount of shavings in the grow out pen. Smells a lot better, now to move the stinky pile of shavings and poo. I'm the proud new owner of a pair of very nice black silkies thanks to shaybaby! I appreciate it! Good luck with the EE/OE eggs.

Yeah harder with chicks, they are not as good at scratching and keeping it strirred up. I sometimes put an old biddy trying to go broody, or two, in with them to help. With the older birds just a little scratch tossed among the litter has the girls keeping it fluffed and dry.

Last edited:
Quote: for everyone else's information here. if you order something from me, and what you get is not what you ordered; let me know. i will get you more, to make sure you have enough to get a good breeder's line going.

a quick rundown of how i do things: if you make an order out of my next hatch, i seperate the eggs labeled for the breeds you want into their own compartment labeled with your last name (sometimes screen names on here). in "thecrazychick's" case i made a mistake and set her eggs, so i replaced what she wanted out of some of my own birds that i was keeping for me. at that point i was guessing on breeds. so many chicks look alike and i am not above making mistakes, especially on new breeds that i have just started with.

If you come here to pick chicks out of what i have hatched and put in the brooders, i do my best to make sure you get the chicks you wanted, and i will usually throw in a couple extras just in case. in the event of loss in your flock, if i have extras i will offer them to you first - before i advertise them on craigslist or taking them to swaps. - this is not part of a gaurentee, but if you have bought birds from me to establish your own breeding flock; i want to make sure you get what you need.

Thank you! I'm excited to set them tonight. :D And good luck with "Romeo and Juliet" (yes, they were only here for a couple days but DH and I decided that fit them :gig)! It was very nice meeting you. :D

Back
Top Bottom