OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Thinking about getting a few more girls. I'm in Geauga county but could travel a little. Anyone close by looking to get rid of a few hens? I need regular to larger breeds. I have 2 RIR who were rehomed to me for picking on smaller birds. Was hoping for younger in age as my girls are slowing down on the laying.

Dang it! pen isn't ready yet! would love to get some.hope to get the run finished this weekend.
lol, you've got 16 or so days before they hatch now. I'll keep them a couple days to make sure they're going good unless you want them shipped, then they'll go out quick after hatching. I've got 104 eggs set.

104? holy cow!!!I can try to get one ready but no promises. I am pulling o.t. at work currently to stock up some $ for the winter. we ready were thinking spring for the quail but if I can get it ready now hmmmm.

104? holy cow!!!I can try to get one ready but no promises. I am pulling o.t. at work currently to stock up some $ for the winter. we ready were thinking spring for the quail but if I can get it ready now hmmmm.
if you don't get it done it's ok. I'll be putting an add on Craigslist once I get a accurate number fertile so I can say how many I might have to sell. I'm going to raise and butcher if they don't sell.

Last edited:
I understand I just seen your post and thought if I could get a jump on it we could start our string sooner. We just want to raise and breed for the meat and eggs.

Hi everyone :)

I am having a hard time finding B/SQ Silkie hatching eggs.
Are there any great breeders here in Ohio? Every time I find them they have all broodies. Lol. Argh.
TIA...

Hello! We are currently buying a home in the city of Beavercreek. As I understand it, chickens are not allowed within the city, the city council recently were to vote on it, but removed the chicken portion of the ordinance prior to voting. Does anyone know what is going on with this? Is the issue dead, or are people still working on getting it to a vote? The most recent I've found in the news online was from 2012. I'm also unable to find anything locally or online, even a Facebook group. Would someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you!

Hello! We are currently buying a home in the city of Beavercreek. As I understand it, chickens are not allowed within the city, the city council recently were to vote on it, but removed the chicken portion of the ordinance prior to voting. Does anyone know what is going on with this? Is the issue dead, or are people still working on getting it to a vote? The most recent I've found in the news online was from 2012. I'm also unable to find anything locally or online, even a Facebook group. Would someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you!

You might try over here, somebody might be able to give you a hand. https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/37/local-chicken-laws-ordinances-and-how-to-change-them

Back
Top Bottom