OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I filled out papers in Feb. to had my 2- 10 parcels changed to Agi. By the time they deducted 1 acre for living and the wooded area, the creek and frontage right of way I ended up farming 12 acres. . One parcel is rented out and he farms 8 acres in exchange for 300 bales of hay. Good Luck in all you do.

I've been monitoring the hatcher all day. 11 chicks, and then I went down just now and found #12. Rest assured, s/he is fine, but I had to let everyone here see what I found...

Looks fine to me. How many chickens do you have? I am in Ohio and checked with our health dept. as to how many chickens I could have before I had to be regulated and follow state laws for poultry production. I can have uo to 500 chickns before I have to comply with state rule for the sale of eggs and 1,000 birds for meat production before I have to be regulated. That's alot of chickens. Now that we are hatching eggs (first timers) maybe we can sell our extras. If the boys were not in 4 H I would not persue this any farther. I enjoy showing the animals to passer bys and showing the fancy chickens to children. So far all our chickens are gentle and don't chase anyone. I do have to tell kids do not chase the chickens! Just stand still and they will come to you and they do.

Hello I'm new to this site. From Millbury, OH! Do you know where I can find the state rules and regulations on selling eggs and meat? Any help is appreciated!

Call your county health dept. That is where I was told that 500 and under was the amount of chickens I could have with out having to follow the State regulations on poultry and selling eggs. Meat birds were 1,000.

Im heading up to the Lima show this Saturday.

Im bringing a bantam white polish rooster to sell. He will be in one of the sales coops if anyone is looking for one.

Im also looking for a mottled cochin bantam rooster to bring back for my friend, and serama pullets/hens. Needs to be NPIP so I can bring them back in my car with my other birds present. I would be open to the possible of chicks off the heat lamp from these breeds as well. Thanks

I need a little help from all you Ohioians. I am looking for pink/purple/gray eggs to hatch. Breed, or lack of it, does not matter. If you have, or know someone who has, eggs of this color available, I would like some of them, if they are fertile. If not, but your willing to part with the bird that lays them, I may be interested in that as well(I'm NPIP, so would have to work within limits of that). Fertile eggs are easier in that regard...
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom